• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite video game villain?

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Oh, what a hard / tricky choice... :smirk:

My gallery of villains is extremely extensive (I have a long list :sweatsmile:) becuase I have too many favorites, so... It's simply impossible (at least for me, of course) to choose just one as my favorite. :relieved:

thart

Reaction score
Saren from ME 1, he is ruthless but he thinks that he is saving the galaxy. And he looks cool and has a good voice.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I agree with this one :D GLaDOS was a lot of fun, although I like her in the original Portal more. But yeah, she has a lot of cunning jokes and is really entertaining.
Portals 2 right? Just bought the game and I'm currently about to play. Hopefully it's as awesome as people say it is, with I think a 98% approval rating and all that. And with the price of just a dollar, it was really hard to pass up during these Steam summer sales.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Hmmm...
I'm not particularly a Batman fan, but I love the Joker for his dark/dry humor.
The Joker is awesome in all iterations of the character. TV, comic book, video game; the only one I had a rather neutral response was Jared Leto's performance in Suicide Squad, but then again he wasn't in the movie all that much so it wasn't for me to judge his character as a whole. Maybe someday we get a Batman-Joker movie like with Dark Knight, and we get to see what Leto's Joker is all about.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
GlaDOS from Portal. I've always been a fan of snarky trolling asshole villains, and GLaDOS is no 1 in ly book, with Handsome Jack from Broderlands and Pegan Min from FaCry 4 being honorable mentions.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
You already mentioned her, but my vote is absolutely on Glados! I never saw another villain that could be so funny and so evil at the same time. She sounds like an actual menace and manages to make me laugh anyway! In Portal 1 she was great, in Portal 2 she is even better!
Oh, and about Portal 2...

mcbryan

Reaction score
It's not complete guys if Bowser is not on the list lol. My favorite villain is Bowser in Super Mario Bros. Bowser always makes me disappointed and sad every time I lose with him. The best part is when I win against him his like burning in the hell haha. I can't wait to beat him again and kick his ass and save the princess. This coming weekends I will play this again and put Bowser in hell like never before.

Frank

Reaction score
You already mentioned her, but my vote is absolutely on Glados! I never saw another villain that could be so funny and so evil at the same time. She sounds like an actual menace and manages to make me laugh anyway! In Portal 1 she was great, in Portal 2 she is even better!
Oh, and about Portal 2...

Yep, Glados is amazing. I like how Portal 2 expanded on her character and we got to see more of her personality which definitely helped flesh out the character a bit more.

Jameson

Reaction score
I don't have a particular favorite, but if I had to choose I would pick 'Jocker' from Injustice 2.He is definitely an interesting characters in the game.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I must say Kratos. He's so bad ass, he killed the gods of Olympus one by one. He's a one man killing machine. He's able to plow through multiple enemies at once and beat them to a bloody pulp if he wishes to do so. Just take a look at what he did with Zeus. That was just brutal.

Oh, wait, Kratos ain't a villain...? My bad, I thought he was one. Anyways, my favorite video game villain then should be... Uh, I'll just stick with the turtles in Super Mario.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Arthas Menethil is my all time favorite video game villain. What draws me to this character is how much time Blizzard spent crafting the narrative around him. You saw Arthas as a noble, if brash leader of his people, trying desperately against overwhelming odds to protect his kingdom. You saw the hideous circumstances that forced him to make brash, questionable decisions. He may have chosen wrong, but that's the beauty of it; there's an argument to be made for and against his choices. His characterization walks the finest of lines between being a cliched ultimate evil, but also being sympathetic and nuanced. Blizzard never even came close to capturing this with any of the villains since the Lich King.