• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite ranked role?

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My two roles and Jungle and ADC. I'm not sure why but a lot of people tell me this is an odd combination. I switch between the two based on which I feel can carry the strongest in whatever meta it is. When I jungle I like to play Hecarim and Graves. In the ADC role I enjoy playing Lucian and Vayne.
I've been meaning to pick Lucian up as another ADC to add to my repertoire. I usually go to Mobafire to see what builds some of the higher elo players do and follow them, but I'm curious. What's your build path for Lucian typically?

Alex

Reaction score
I've been meaning to pick Lucian up as another ADC to add to my repertoire. I usually go to Mobafire to see what builds some of the higher elo players do and follow them, but I'm curious. What's your build path for Lucian typically?
Although it's not the meta build I usually go Longsword 3x Health Pot -> Ghostblade (dirk first) -> Greaves/Tabis -> Cleaver (phage first) -> Rapid Fire (zeal first) -> IE -> GA/Maw (Last 2 can be situational)
Sometimes I pick up a refillable early on too. I do this build because it is what I am most comfortable with, and would recommend that you try out several builds and see which you are most comfortable with. I think most players are doing BOTRK into Cleaver right now. Also, I'm not sure how Mobafire works, but I would recommend pro builds to find runes/masteries/builds etc (Link for lucian probuilds: http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Lucian).

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My first inclination would have been to build BotRK into Cleaver as well. I'll definitely jot your build path down and give it a try sometime to see how it works for me. Thanks for the tip!

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
My two strongest roles are Top and Jungle, although nowadays I don't play much jungle because people can be super toxic if i focus on some lanes and don't gank top for example. One thing is for sure, as a Jungler, i try my best to help every lane, and if i don't come top, it's because i'm helping bot in order to secure a good objective, such as first turret or infernal drake.

huggy212

Reaction score
My 2main roles are my primary is a support and the secondary is Jungle. I just dont like the pressure to win and kill every single game thats I always go for support. Even if I got the jungle role I will still go for support jungle or tank jungle. Most of my mastered characted are good for the 2 roles such as Galio and Sejuani. I can always go for the same build except for the 1st item. I still prefer sejuani than galio on jungle because I can clear camps better with sejuani.

Deathisue

Reaction score
Top lane and Adc, are opositive lines i think, Top lane is more a individual lane where you only focus in farm the minions and help the team went you can, instead adc is more a chaotic line, where you depend of your supp and your abilities to survive, great lines and very entertaining for me.

forumheem

Reaction score
My favorite role is the jungle especially in ranked games because it is the easiest the carry your team as a jungler. Becuase you can control all the lanes at one and help your teammates that are losing. Also, the jungle seems the most fun role the play.

luispas

Reaction score
Top lane and Adc, are opositive lines i think, Top lane is more a individual lane where you only focus in farm the minions and help the team went you can, instead adc is more a chaotic line, where you depend of your supp and your abilities to survive, great lines and very entertaining for me.
I think that you find the duality in some way haha you play a bit different roles. Specifically the bot lane it's not 100% offensive, that would depend of you're ADC and Support, or maybe the enemy bot lane, if they play passive and you just want to farm enjoy it until the enemy jungler comes lol. I think the passive/aggressiveness will depend also on you, how you as a player can make decisions.

Yoshi

Reaction score
What is your favorite role to play in ranked? What role makes it easier for to climb the ladder?
In my personal experience, Jungle is by far the easiest role for carrying the games and climbing from a division to another. As a jungler you can make every lane win, or at least one of them win so hard that their opponent will be in a really bad place and not be able to help his team at all.
My role is support but I can also play mid but most of the time, I play support most of the time due to long queues and end up losing because of hard carries. :(

tinrmz15

Reaction score
My favorite role during ranked games would be as a Support. A good support is also a key for a successful clash. Even though I would like to be an ADR. Sometimes I would just want to make sure that being as support role, I will ensure that I will protect and help my ADR and the whole team during clash. support roles should not be belittled because an ADR could not level up well without our help. My common support heroes used are Blitzcrank, Malphite, Thresh, Sometimes Lux (for extra damage).

Deathisue

Reaction score
I think that you find the duality in some way haha you play a bit different roles. Specifically the bot lane it's not 100% offensive, that would depend of you're ADC and Support, or maybe the enemy bot lane, if they play passive and you just want to farm enjoy it until the enemy jungler comes lol. I think the passive/aggressiveness will depend also on you, how you as a player can make decisions.
I said all that for my experience, let me explain to you way i said all this, first in the top lane you can only farm, is a 1vs1 lane, you just can ignore the enemy player and only focus in the farm or fight agains him, all depends of the situation instead in the bot lane the enemy supp is always too agressive and the enemy jungler always will try to gank you, in 4 years i've been playing this game i always see that and i think this never going to change.

luispas

Reaction score
I said all that for my experience, let me explain to you way i said all this, first in the top lane you can only farm, is a 1vs1 lane, you just can ignore the enemy player and only focus in the farm or fight agains him, all depends of the situation instead in the bot lane the enemy supp is always too agressive and the enemy jungler always will try to gank you, in 4 years i've been playing this game i always see that and i think this never going to change.
I can understand your point and I know that's true, I agree. But I'm saying that I've been playing the game since years ago too and from my experience the Top lane can be easily camped by the enemy Jungler, and another situation that could happen (I know that it's not a typical story) it's a passive Bot lane, that also don't receive any ganks. It will always depend on you and your enemy team play style.

Deathisue

Reaction score
I can understand your point and I know that's true, I agree. But I'm saying that I've been playing the game since years ago too and from my experience the Top lane can be easily camped by the enemy Jungler, and another situation that could happen (I know that it's not a typical story) it's a passive Bot lane, that also don't receive any ganks. It will always depend on you and your enemy team play style.
Well it is true, but always the bot lane is a good place to gank, in that lane there is 2 kills maybe 2 colaboration and more money than top, in top there is only one kill and less gold than bot, for that the principal place to gank is bot or mid, but saying all this yes, depends a lot of the enemy team and the oportunities that can gave you the enemy team.

luispas

Reaction score
Well it is true, but always the bot lane is a good place to gank, in that lane there is 2 kills maybe 2 colaboration and more money than top, in top there is only one kill and less gold than bot, for that the principal place to gank is bot or mid, but saying all this yes, depends a lot of the enemy team and the oportunities that can gave you the enemy team.
Well, you're right, it's a lot more money, but if you think closely it's really hard to gank bot, they could turn everything around and you can give 3 kills to them if you make any mistake, it's not that easy ;)
That's why they choose to camp mid, it's so much secure to gank it, it's near of almost all the jungle camps.

Deathisue

Reaction score
Well, you're right, it's a lot more money, but if you think closely it's really hard to gank bot, they could turn everything around and you can give 3 kills to them if you make any mistake, it's not that easy ;)
That's why they choose to camp mid, it's so much secure to gank it, it's near of almost all the jungle camps.
Well you are right,i have to think a lot about it, i going to ask that to a main jungler, he may have the answer, but for now the only think i can say is depends of a lot of factors, but for me is the more gankeable line of all.

pauldox3

Reaction score
My favorite role to climb the ladder with is prolly mid lane. I was silver way back season 2 (think it was 1500 more or less). I mained one champ which was anivia and i climbed the ladder real quick. By the end of season 3 i was already a challenger which was awesome. Today i'm at master division cause i dont play that much anymore. I still play mid and i still think it's the best role for climbing the ladder.