• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PS1 or PS2 games

Beverly

Reaction score
Do you have any favorite PS1 or PS2 games that you remember playing as a child?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
My favourite PS1 game would have to be Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, hands down, no doubts about it. Never really had a favourite for PS2, although I did like The Matrix game

Scarsz

Reaction score
Guitar Hero and SSX Tricky. My childhood in a nutshell.

Squigly

Reaction score
Metal Slug, Raiden and the classic Final Fantasy games. Tbh those were better than the newer FF installments. :mad:

Moaz13

Reaction score
I loved Silent Hill and Resident Evil, I felt like those were some of the biggest Blockbuster style titles to come out on the platform. Then there were the games with great gameplay like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Castlevania.

joshposh

Reaction score
I thought hot shots golf was one of the best sports games in that era, believe it or not. What I found really addicting was the minature golf game built into it. That was really addicting!!! After awhile I was playing that and not the regular game.

GamerPerson

Reaction score
The one game that is still fresh on my mind for being my first Playstation game was Soul Blade. I loved to play with the female characters because it was nice to see other people like me. I would twirl around and copy off of Seung-Mina, speaking a language I didn't even know.

So, of course, years later, when I see it on Ebay I bought it...WOW! This game...did NOT age well. The reaction time is horrible by today's standards, I don't even know how younger me was able to play this game! They had the ridiculous "Moon Jump", as Caddy would say, and when they lost their weapons, they duked it out. That, at the very least, was fun. Just turning this game from weapons fighting game to a fighting game with your fist!

Even though I don't play this game, as much as I did when I was younger, it's still nostalgic to me. :)

Morvack

Reaction score
I have a few sentimental favorites.

Spiro: enter the dragon. First game I think I ever put over hundred hours into. I beat every challenge and mini game. Found every secret, and even remember telling a guy at block buster how to get past one of the final levels. Just the mere mention of block buster should give you an idea of how long ago this was XD. The game even broke on me, it was thinking it was a pirated copy. I took this as a challenge and beat it again. I remember hitting the final boss, getting teleported back to the final stage, and calling it a win.

Star wars: battle front two . Admittedly, I played it more with my psp then with ps2, but ps2 is where I found it. I originally played with a friend of mine, doing some couch co op. We played it on a fifty inch screen, because for some reason, the sound would work for video games, but not for tv channels. I remember playing on hoth as one of those giant yeti guys (can't remember their name), and laughing while taking down some storm troopers with nothing but claws. Even being on endore and taking one of those storm trooper walkers.

Digimon rumble arena two . Another game I did a lot of couch co op with. A friend of mine and I had rented it so many times, I don't know why I didn't buy a copy. Our pvp matches were always amazing. Typically coming down to the last five to ten percent of health bar. I always loved using that fox digimons (another name I can't remember >.>) last form and final move to snare my friend when he tried to attack me. I am so getting a copy when I have some extra cash.

Jojo83

Reaction score
My most favorite and memorable game for the PS1 is probably Final Fantasy 8. Lost a lot of sleep playing through that RPG. Getting all the summons/GF, all the magic and all the abilities especially the Limit Breaks. I really felt invincible when I reached level 99, nothing in the game could defeat me. The graphics and the in-game movies were gorgeous. The game was spread into four game disk, It was just so long and epic.

Issho

Reaction score
Ps1: Spiro was one of my favorites. It was basically my first game upon getting the console and I remember spending hours and hours exploring the environment and learning the ropes about the game. It was a very fun experience. Then there's RE1, which managed to lure me into its world and become an instant classic for me.

Ps2: God Hand. Best beat 'em up I've gotten my hands on. I spent so many hours in this one is not even funny. And to this day, I still play occasionally to relive the memories. Somehow it hasn't gotten old for me. So it's definitely my favorite among the rest of the games I still have.

Sparkster

Reaction score
Do you have any favorite PS1 or PS2 games that you remember playing as a child?

Ooh, this is actually quite a tricky question. Just reading through this thread brought a lot of games back to memory. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey was good, as someone mentioned above. I also liked Crash Bandicoot, that was definitely one of my favourites. There was another one I liked too, I think it was called Exhumed.

BJL717

Reaction score
When I grew up, "Crash Bandicoot" was the game to play. I can't rave enough on how much fun I had playing this game. If it were to come out today, I'd go crazy. The memories will always live on.

Thomas Hall

Reaction score
In the Playstation range it was, Tekken 2 for the fighting challenges and interesting characters and was real engaging game followed by Tekken 3 which had improvements and even a beach ball game which was fun and new modes and improved characters. It is fun to play even to this day and I do hard mode to get a challenge sometimes and enjoy different stories. Hercules was fun game, it was challenging sometimes and for me the centaur battle and hades was interesting and how you have small amount of lives. I also liked Crash bandicoot 2 and 3 the graphics and music suited the games and boss battles were a challenge and had to be careful.

In the Ps2 games that were my most memorable would have to be, Dragonballz Tenkachi 1 and 3 as it improved the games and controls were easy to learn. Tomb raider legend and the 2007 remake of the original got me back into the Tomb raider series and I enjoyed the challenges in the games and boss fights were improved, the puzzles were madness sometimes. God of war is the game that can make your head spin not due to the fights, it is the puzzles that will frustrate you in the game. One puzzle involved moving a box and had to be fast, or the spikes would stab you took me alot of goes to do that one, another one involved fighting on a floor which can open and kill you which will cause you to get annoyed while playing.

WAVWirmer

Reaction score
The games that I still have on rotation here are street fighter alpha 3 and 3 third strike, Final fantasy 7 and 8, Fear Effect, Resident Evil, and Crash games especially Crash Team Racing. These are the PS1 classics and the PS2 are Ratchet and clanks, Sly Cooper, Jak and daxter, and God Of War are the franchises I hold close to my heart.

JayWifi

Reaction score
When I was younger, my favorite PS1 game used to be Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. The various levels of that game always intrigued me, from the polar bear chase level to the rocket pack space levels. It was a game you could easily sink a few hours into playing.

As for my favorite PS2 game that was a tough one however I think Dark Cloud was my favorite. Dark Cloud had an amazing soundtrack that always fascinated me. One of my favorite features of the game was the constant evolution of weapons, allowing you to upgrade a simple little sword into one of the rarest blades in the game. Although the game may seem easy, it really jumps in difficulty towards the end when you enter the Corridors of Time.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I was a big fan of the Dragon Ball Z Budokai series, especially Budokai 3. I can remember spending so much time doing the Capsule Corp challenge mode thing with Badock. I wish they still made Dragon Ball Z games like the Budokai series. I also really loved Tekken 4. As far as PS1 games go, I spent a whole year playing Final Fantasy VII!! It still is one of my favorite games of all time. I hear that they are remaking it and I can't wait to pick it up again to relive my childhood.

Medo22

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game was a game called "I-Ninja" and it was a game full of action. you basically play with a Ninja and you go through different missions and fight different villains in-order to get to higher levels, receive better swords, sharper shurikens, better skills and most importantly better and higher ranked belts. This game was packed with action,from gigantic evil death robots to crazy ninja moves, from sliding on pipes and ropes to jumping into explosions and fire. I also liked this game because the higher your rank got the cooler your missions would be and the cooler the places you would go to, like Mombai for example was portrayed in a very cool way in the game! I wish if this game is remade, I really loved it and i still miss it.

Jojo83

Reaction score
Another one of my favorite PS1 games that I've just remembered would be Xenogears. It's a lesser known RPG from square that had one of the best stories for an RPG in my opinion and Gundam like mecha robots added in. Although the graphics was subpar for a Square game, the battle system was superb while having unlimited upgrade options for your mech. The battles were turn based just like in any traditional RPG's but the story was just captivating. I kept playing for weeks following the intricately woven storyline, and the mechs were amazingly designed.

BluBird

Reaction score
Playstation 1: King's Field is probably my favorite, warts and all. It blew me away at the time and I still have fond memories exploring it's haunted island with the damn giant octopus and skeletons/slimes everywhere.

crazymomma

Reaction score
My favorite PS1 game has to be Crash too. It was entertaining, had some tricky areas, but wasn't extremely complex.

My all time favorite games were all PS2. I love the Baldur's Gate and Norrath games! They were days and days of fun. In fact, we still hook my old PS2 up and my 16 year-old son's friends spend the weekend playing them. It's hilarious seeing them go crazy with games that are older than they are.