• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS2 Favorite PlayStation 2 Game

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I had two, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex and Gran Turismo 3, I spent countless hours on those two when I was younger.

camshaq23

Reaction score
The Dragonball Z games sequels were great too mainly the Budokai Tenkaichi series. I just enjoyed the story line of the game. Dragonball Budokai 3 was the first DBZ game I got for the PS2. Believe me I was moved by this game which led me to buying so much DBZ game disks. I'm was a big DBZ fan back in the days. Like I could have collected all the DBZ games for the PS2.

stephen caruso

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game was Halo 3. Out of the few dozen PS2 games I have, nothing compares to Halo 3, not even the most recent Halo. Halo 3 on the PS2 just had the perfect balance of competitivity and fun. The vehicles, especially the ghost, made that game extremely joyful to play. Now, the Halo games are way too competitive, and players forget to have fun with it. That was not the case for Halo 3, which is why it is my favorite.

john franklin

Reaction score
I have a large collection of PLAYSTATION 2 games. Whenever I go to buy PS2 games then I get 2 or more at a time. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is my most favorite game on PLAYSTATION 2. I also like Grand Theft Auto Vice City. These two are my most favorite games on PS2 and I use to play both on a regular base.
I love the hosts of GTA radio stations.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
My favorite game was probably the Kingdom of Hearts series. My oldest cousin bought it for me for my birthday and ever since then I loved the game. I enjoyed jumping through different planes of existence (I've always liked inter-dimensional games) and the main character's uncanny resemblance to the Final Fantasy character Cloud. The story line was satisfactory at the time since I wasn't very old, but looking back it did kind of have a naruto feel to it. Interacting with other characters was new to me at the time so I found it fun and frustrating at the same time since I could never ask it questions I had yet it still gave decent information. Playing Kingdom of Hearts after school every day for 2 years definitely left a good impression on me.

SashaS

Reaction score
Without question, BLACK. This was in my opinion one of EA's greatest ever FPS games. Not only was it by far the most visually astounding game to ever hit the console, but the mechanics were ahead of its time. Starting with the weapons, I feel like no game has ever replicated the power of a real gun the way BLACK did. Every gun felt as hard-hitting and raw as its real life counterpart. The UZI sprayed bullets with massive spread and recoil, the Walther 2000 felt like a real sniper rifle and the M16 felt like a sharp-shooting AR should.

Overall, it was just pure bliss. There was a great story and the majority of the map was destructible. The maps were huge and the AI were challenging. Overall it was just awesome and I'm really bummed that a remaster doesn't seem to be in the works anytime soon.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I had so many PS2 games and all of them were really great and enjoyable but my top two (sorry, can't pick just one) are Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

GTA:SA is a very easy choice because it's still one of my favorite GTA games ever, if not the favorite. I've put in an insane amount of hours and messing around with making gangs mad then driving away. Or just going down the road to the gym. Really great game!

The other choice is MGS3: Snake Eater because it was the first game of the MGS franchise that really got me into it. I was so interested in the story, the characters, how/what happened and so on. It was a really good gameplay and an awesome story that really touched me. Especially the last fight.

Empire

Reaction score
I used to own an PS2 for an month or so and the story has ended. Out I had like 3 games, GTA and James bond. It was hard since I did not had any cards to able to save the game. So I had to restart over and over again till I got so mad that I thought I go and place Halo on PC

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts was a great game that only the PS2 had; I imagine it was a bit of a "killer app" for the system when it first came out.

Now, for games that you can play on other systems/weren't PS2 exclusive...there's the classic Half-Life. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is still a lot of fun to this day. I played a good amount of Lego Indiana Jones on my Wii, but I imagine the PS2 version would be just as fun.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
My favorite PlayStation 2 game is Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain, I think out of all the WWE game series, this game was the best in terms of gameplay, animation and game modes. They try to tweak them every year, but it went downhill after that.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I would love to vote for Tekken 3 as it is my most favorite game on every PlayStation console. I love its soundtrack and the background music. The graphics and sound effects are amazing. I never want to stop playing this game and there is no alternate of it.

Sino989

Reaction score
My all time favorite ps2 game is guitar hero 2. I know it's on the xbox 360 and ps3 but I first played it on the PS2 and I loved it so to me it's best on the PS2!

Lexi

Reaction score
I have a mixed bag here. Kingdom Hearts 1, Silent Hill 2 and I'm throwing in Crash Bandicoot: Revenge of Cortex. I really loved playing these. We still have out PS2 around, it's nice to go back and play, even with newer consoles around. Some games are just special and will live on.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My favorite game from the PlayStation 2 era was Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. I would actually recommend getting the Subsistence edition though because they vastly improved the camera compared to the original.

Anyway, it's an absolutely amazing game all around. For one thing the graphics were top tier for the PlayStation 2. Then there is the gameplay, which is an awesome blend of stealth and action. There are survival elements where you have to hunt animals or collect fruit to survive, as well as a camouflage system which determines how visible you are to your enemies. It has really long, cinematic cutscenes with a movie quality story. And speaking of which, you don't even have to play any of the Metal Gear Solid games to understand what is going on, as the events of MGS3 take place before the other games.