• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite part?

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
What's your favorite part of the development process? Is it quest writing, concept art, environment building, etc.?

I really love seeing all the characters that are going to be in the game, although I have never had the pleasure of creating my own game. I feel like that would be my favorite part of making it; developing all the unique characters that players get to interact with

RivaCom

Reaction score
The best part in game development is probably when the game actually starts coming together. Design is probably one of the worst parts.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
The best part in game development is probably when the game actually starts coming together. Design is probably one of the worst parts.
I can definitely see how that would be an awesome feeling. Everything coming together and you can actually start to feel the game become something awesome. Why do you say design is one of the worst parts though?

RivaCom

Reaction score
Design is the first process you go through and is where many hours of frustration comes into play. For example: I started a small project with a close friend. We had a great idea, started the design, started working in the engine and laying stuff out. We would agree, This strat would be the best for it, a day later that didn't work or appeal to us anymore because it would bring problem x, y,z into play so we had to modify it, couple days later we would try and revisit the original idea. It just goes on and on, it is probably one of the biggest threats in terms of game development as design is what your modeling your game from.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Dang, I had no idea! That sounds incredibly frustrating, especially with smaller dev teams

Bradley

Reaction score
I love it when the character animations are playing in games, because animations alone show that you've put in a lot of work into your game.
Animations don't seem like an important part of the game, but they are essential.
So yeah, animations are my favorite part - when I get them to work anyway haha.

Referal

Reaction score
I love animation in general how to control it and the movement of the characters and how much works goes into it I used to develop games on Scratch I think it is the in my school but stopped years ago I am planning on making a new game soon with better controls and graphic.

ballyhara

Reaction score
I love animation in general how to control it and the movement of the characters and how much works goes into it I used to develop games on Scratch I think it is the in my school but stopped years ago I am planning on making a new game soon with better controls and graphic.
I feel you in this one, animation is the best part, no doubt about it. Just to engage your imagination and like anything is possible. The only issue is that usually software and hardware for this are quite expensive, also, you invest hours and hours into this.

overcast

Reaction score
I think the best part in game development is during the publishing. You have to find out if you can deploy the game or not. And you may have to take some of the strong decisions. Like say enable the ads and the other stuff on your game. And this way you can get the idea of whether the game may take off with more people playing it or not. I guess on that part It'd be fun to play it.