• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Linux OS

Guardian

Reaction score
For the Linux users... What's your favorite Linux OS?

Personally, I like Mint. I've dabbled with Kali and I like it too, but its not your typical OS.

Zahreah

Reaction score
I've only ever used Ubuntu briefly on an old Laptop.

Lawson.

Reaction score
I've never really tried Linux. What's the difference between Linux and Windows?

Hugop

Reaction score
Lawson. said:

Linux is the most known free OS that gives you full acces of the code and freedom. It is the most secure operating system which means it doesnt need an antivirus. The only problem is that not every software works on Linux.

If you want to make your own operating system, you can use Linux thanks to their license.

In my opnion, Ubuntu(made with Linux) has the best desktop.

Linux is not the most used computer OS but it is the most used server OS!

You can have Linux and Windows at the same time

Lawson.

Reaction score
Hugop said:
Lawson. said:

Linux is the most known free OS that gives you full acces of the code and freedom. It is the most secure operating system which means it doesnt need an antivirus. The only problem is that not every software works on Linux.

If you want to make your own operating system, you can use Linux thanks to their license.

In my opnion, Ubuntu(made with Linux) has the best desktop.

Linux is not the most used computer OS but it is the most used server OS!

You can have Linux and Windows at the same time

Oh ok. Thanks! I might try Ubuntu out.

overcast

Reaction score
I'd go with Ubuntu. I just love using Unity. I don't like KDE and Gnome. You can see that Yunit project is taking over the Unity code. So it'd be interesting to see how the changes that are going to be added to the new project. I also want to see other distros. But for me today the Unity interface is good. I may move to the Elementary OS soon.

SashaS

Reaction score
Linux seems really cool but I'm yet to try it out myself. I just never had the desire to add an operating system that doesn't really have that universal support for all the apps and games I want to play and use. Windows and Mac OS are just a bit more comprehensive and if you ever run into an issue you can easily check online.

That said, I totally get the appeal of Linux. It is from what I can see a very flexible and customizable OS and I know that attracts a lot of people. I've also heard that it draws less power, which means games that ARE compatible with linux run a lot better. I guess I'd try out Ubuntu first as it seems to be one of the more popular, likable versions. And it sounds funny

hermessantos

Reaction score
I have already tested about 5 different versions, but I confess that Ubuntu was the version that caught my attention. Currently I do not use Linux, but if I have to use it, I will definitely opt for Ubuntu.