• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite horror game?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I love to play a good horror game. It's a love-hate relationship because I love how creepy and scary they are but I hate them when they make me jump and I forget how to breathe, haha.

I played so many decent horror games... from Silent Hill franchise to Resident Evil's, to Metro and more. But the one that made me scare the most and is, therefore, my favorite is Outlast, 100%. That game is so messed up! it isn't scary, it is terrifying. I made the mistake of playing it without any lights on the first time - nope, never again. The plot is twisted, the environment is so well made, the music gives you a heart attack - can't ask more from a good horror game.

The one that I often hear getting mentioned and also saw people mentioning in this thread is Amnesia. How scary is that game? Compared to something like Outlast?

Pixie06

Reaction score
Fatal fame was the scariest game I have ever played. I found this game to be so creepy that I couldn't really sleep the night that I played it. I started hearing all kind of weird sounds. However this game was very interesting. The music and atmosphere made it the perfect horror game.

hermessantos

Reaction score
Probably Outlast. I've played this with friends so I wouldn't scream like a little girl everytime I play, and it turns out instead of one grow man crying, there were 7. My strategy wasn't a success, but it certainly created some great memories.
I thought I was the only big fan of this game. I just really enjoyed this game when I played. I spent several weeks playing it, because I ended up getting addicted

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I’m personally not a very big fan of horror games but I have played a few of them. Of the few I’ve played, by far, Resident Evil 7: Biohazard. Though, this isn’t like any of the Resident Evil games, I still found this the most intriguing and action like horror game which appeals to me more than any other horror game which I played as well as still scaring me.
Resident Evil 7 was great in my opinion. Having played RE: Survivor, RE3, RE4, RE5, and RE6; I felt the newer ones have lost its way. It became a shooting game instead of the core survival horror, and they tried too much to be Left 4 Dead instead of staying true to their nature. RE7 was really a step in the right direction, with the atmosphere and the scarcity of the weapons and ammo.

Sino989

Reaction score
I would have to say one of my favorite games is Outlast because to me it so much fun and not a lot of games scare me so it's even better because it scared me quite a bit.

Sino989

Reaction score
I would have to say one of my favorite games is Outlast because to me it so much fun and not a lot of games scare me so it's even better because it scared me quite a bit.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
First Resident Evil title were quite good when it comes to horror. Later titles were more action packed. Silent Hill on the other hand always stood out for me. The way it twists reality and brings up moral issues and all those nasty creatures, quite creepy!

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Mine would be Left 4 Dead, I'm a fan of FPS games and this game scared me. Especially when I'm killed by a witch, I even shouted a few times. It's a fun game to play with friends too.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
For me, Resident Evil is unbeatable and has passed in the quality test for a long time. In my opinion, is a game that has achieved the status of "timeless" because the story is great, the characters are well-developed, the dynamism of the game is excellent and super exciting. Plus, the franchise is always reinventing itself. :sunglasses:

TheArticulate

Reaction score
But the one that made me scare the most and is, therefore, my favorite is Outlast, 100%. That game is so messed up! it isn't scary, it is terrifying.
I'm right there with you, Gladdy. I really enjoyed Outlast as well, and I usually took the game in short increments. I play through to a couple of stopping-points then turn in the towel until the next day.

I'm currently working through The Evil Within, which is a pretty freaky game. However, I think my all time favorite horror game is the first Dead Space. There was something about the atmosphere in the game that not only effectively made me feel isolated the entire time, but it gave me a sense of dread as to what I'd encounter around every corner.

mikeypaine

Reaction score
Horror is probably one of my least familiar genres, since Left 4 Dead counts (apparently?) I would say that's my favorite. I have a lot of fond memories playing the first one on the 360 back in high school. I've also played Silent Hill 2 and I enjoyed it for the most part, it has been a while though. I'm not much of a fan of horror movies either, in case you're wondering.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Depth of fear,knossos has been my favorite horror game.It is a dangerous game.The sound is thrilling,the enemy is unpredictable.The list is endless to choose. Dead space 1 and 2 is also one of the amazing game in horror flick.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
For me, Resident Evil is unbeatable and has passed in the quality test for a long time. In my opinion, is a game that has achieved the status of "timeless" because the story is great, the characters are well-developed, the dynamism of the game is excellent and super exciting. Plus, the franchise is always reinventing itself. :sunglasses:

What about Silent Hill? Have you tried playing any of the SH games? They are quite well developed games, too. Especially the old titles. SH 2 is probably one of the best titles from the series, although I liked all of them a lot.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I have loved Outlast but it's so scary that I can't get past the second monster in the game lol! I just get the creeps trying to hide underneath the bed and then he catches me out of no where when I try to get up and go to flip the switch. Maybe one of my roommates could play for me while I watch in horror!

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I have loved Outlast but it's so scary that I can't get past the second monster in the game lol! I just get the creeps trying to hide underneath the bed and then he catches me out of no where when I try to get up and go to flip the switch. Maybe one of my roommates could play for me while I watch in horror!

I got really scared when I tried Dead Space for the first time. It was really creepy and the camera angle and everything just made it hard at first. I gave up on it quickly. Some years later when I saw DS 3 I decided to give it another shot and honestly, the scare factor was gone, I ran all 3 games and finished them quickly

jitendra0341

Reaction score
What about Silent Hill? Have you tried playing any of the SH games? They are quite well developed games, too. Especially the old titles. SH 2 is probably one of the best titles from the series, although I liked all of them a lot.
No,I did not try Silent Hill. As you suggest about it. I really likes to know how much it is good. It seems interesting reading your description.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I got really scared when I tried Dead Space for the first time. It was really creepy and the camera angle and everything just made it hard at first. I gave up on it quickly. Some years later when I saw DS 3 I decided to give it another shot and honestly, the scare factor was gone, I ran all 3 games and finished them quickly
Yes I also play it when at first time, it also get me scared. We feel as if we are experiencing it our selves.It is like a horror movies we are watching.The same thing happened to me also ,I promptly exit from the game as soon as I got fear. it has gone after sometime playing again and again.It took off the scare factor and I enjoyed it like any other games.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
I love to play a good horror game. It's a love-hate relationship because I love how creepy and scary they are but I hate them when they make me jump and I forget how to breathe, haha.

I played so many decent horror games... from Silent Hill franchise to Resident Evil's, to Metro and more. But the one that made me scare the most and is, therefore, my favorite is Outlast, 100%. That game is so messed up! it isn't scary, it is terrifying. I made the mistake of playing it without any lights on the first time - nope, never again. The plot is twisted, the environment is so well made, the music gives you a heart attack - can't ask more from a good horror game.

The one that I often hear getting mentioned and also saw people mentioning in this thread is Amnesia. How scary is that game? Compared to something like Outlast?
Outlast is a excellent game to play.This game combines the best element of Amnesia,Penumbara and forge a whole different monster of the game.The voice is outstanding,the design is outstanding.This game is succeeded in terrifying us.There is torture,beheading,hanging ,everything that make us to scream and fear.Always try to get some hiding space before opening a door.We can not turn the music off.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I don't play horror games that much, but I remember I played two horror games at my friend's place on XBOX One. I played Outlast 2 and Visage just to see how the game looks like and I can say that both games are excellent. I don't know about other horror games but these two are probably are on top 10 of horror games, and I will recommend you to play at least once.