• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite hand-held system?

JaiGuru

Reaction score
The system I loved the most as a kid, to which I compare all others to this day, was the Super Nintendo. So it should come as no surprise that my favorite handheld of all time is currently the Gameboy Advance. Not only were the aesthetics very Super Nintendo-like, but so was the game design. So many titles felt like they would have been right at home in the mid 1990s. It was the second coming of my personal golden age of video games and I relished it thoroughly.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I must admit that Gameboy is my favorite handheld, even today--this may have a great deal to do with the fact that I am addicted to playing Tetris on it, but, alas, it is true. My girlfriend's son loves it as well, and he is 9, but he will play on it before he will play a game on an Iphone or whatever.
GameBoy is great I admit, but the lack of LED lighting for the screen was a pain for a kid. You had to find an external light source, and only the last GBA variation had it, as well as a smaller feature and better quality of buttons. I remember having to consider getting a new A and B button because I used them so much as a kid, you had to press hard to actually activate them during the later stages of its life.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Mine would probably be the PlayStation Portable. It had a wide arsenal of games and all of them had decent graphics for a handheld, I was beyond impressed when I first got it. While the Sony PS Vita might be a lot better and stronger, it's sad to say that Sony hasn't given Vita the support and promotion it actually needs. Vita is such a big wasted potential, could've been one of the best handhelds if Sony actually cared.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
What is your most favorite hand-held system? Such as for example: 3DS, PSP, etc.

Mine would be the 3DS. :thumbsup:
My favorite is the gameboy classic, it was so innovative at the time, eventhough the PSP and the new Nintendo handhelds have better graphics, the gameboy is the true pioneer of portable gaming.