• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Exploration games... Exploration games everywhere!

Hidden308

Reaction score
Am I the only one who noticed so far that majority of the upcoming games.. Destiny, ESO (which is already out but still newish), Mass Effect (seen some information about the new ME in videos), No Man Sky, Homefront (the new one), Destiny, H1Z1, and I could keep going on.. That they are all about exploration now?

All games are becoming much larger now than the good old simple straight forward games. Now it's about exploring a massive world or even galaxies now. What do you think about the huge changes that are coming to gaming?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I mean there is still games like battle field and Call of duty that I feel are still straight forward games but I see what you mean. I don't really mind them as I think they are fun.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Toxique said:
I mean there is still games like battle field and Call of duty that I feel are still straight forward games but I see what you mean. I don't really mind them as I think they are fun.

I really do enjoy exploration games myself as well more than straight forward ones, but I don't mind a straight forward game like BF and CoD once in a while. But it is just amazing how much more often they are being made. Considering the amount of time it must take to develop them.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Hidden308 said:
Toxique said:

I really do enjoy exploration games myself as well more than straight forward ones, but I don't mind a straight forward game like BF and CoD once in a while. But it is just amazing how much more often they are being made. Considering the amount of time it must take to develop them.

I'm glad more are being made cause that means developers are spending more time and effort on games to include more in them for the consumer. Plus I find exploration games to be longer than usual games which I a fan of since I like longer games more than short games (I think everyone does)

Hidden308

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Hidden308 said:
Toxique said:

I'm glad more are being made cause that means developers are spending more time and effort on games to include more in them for the consumer. Plus I find exploration games to be longer than usual games which I a fan of since I like longer games more than short games (I think everyone does)

Yep I completely agree. The other thing is though some are becoming more multiplayer as well. Like Destiny as an a good example. It is singleplayer built, but is feels like a mmo. It is some what of a mmofps. Then we'll be having The Division which will be coming out next year. Also the new Homefront also looks like another mmofps from the gameplay that they showed. lol

Zahreah

Reaction score
Games like H1Z1 are just following the DayZ Hype Train it seems, which their right to do as there's certainly money to be made.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Voi said:
Games like H1Z1 are just following the DayZ Hype Train it seems, which their right to do as there's certainly money to be made.

Well H1Z1 has more potential since it's being made by a big company like Sony. Than a small band of developers working on DayZ, but thats just what I think. :p

Zahreah

Reaction score
Hidden308 said:
Voi said:

Well H1Z1 has more potential since it's being made by a big company like Sony. Than a small band of developers working on DayZ, but thats just what I think. :p
DayZ Certainly doesn't have small band of devs anymore. It's got the majority of Bohemia behind it.
And H1Z1 may have potential, but it doesn't give the experience DayZ gives, at all so it may have some interest at first but once Standalone picks up with development and gets cars fully implemented people will come flocking back.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Voi said:
Hidden308 said:
Voi said:

DayZ Certainly doesn't have small band of devs anymore. It's got the majority of Bohemia behind it.
And H1Z1 may have potential, but it doesn't give the experience DayZ gives, at all so it may have some interest at first but once Standalone picks up with development and gets cars fully implemented people will come flocking back.

I guess we'll just see then. :p I played DayZ yesterday a bit and it seems to be pretty buggy still and lack some basics. I had a zombie walk through a door and kill me and a crowbar didn't do much agasint one. lol

Zahreah

Reaction score
Hidden308 said:
Voi said:
Hidden308 said:
Voi said:

I guess we'll just see then. :p I played DayZ yesterday a bit and it seems to be pretty buggy still and lack some basics. I had a zombie walk through a door and kill me and a crowbar didn't do much agasint one. lol
Yeah they have a lot getting fixed in the next update such as the zombies walking through walls.