• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Ever played a game on the Nintendo 8 bit?

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I get all sentimental when I think of this console, my first love....

lindbergh

Reaction score
I guess you're referring to the NES. I remember back in my childhood days when my parents bought me that console. I was so happy and excited. When we arrived home, I opened the box outright, plopped in Super Mario World and began to play. My imagination wandered as Mario ran around the beautiful 8 bit world. I never finished Mario World because I wasn't a pretty good gamer as a kid. But I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

I also had numerous other games for the NES like Battle City, Contra, Balloon Fight, Road Fighter, Street Fighter, Double Dragon, Final Fight, and Galaga. The console holds a dear place in my heart because it was my very first ever home console.

SuperBugMan

Reaction score
I'm 22, so I wasn't really in the golden NES era. However, my family used to be pretty poor so all I had was an NES, Contra and Mario. Back then I thought it was awesome as the only other games I had played were text based DOS rougelikes.

I feel like the games have not aged well though. The limited color palate and FPS are really deal breakers. I have a hard time replaying them. I guess I got spoiled by the GBA and SNES.