• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

E3 Talk!

Zahreah

Reaction score
I was surprised i forgot to make this. Feel free to post your thoughts and feelings and other things about E3 here!

Yesterday was the Bethesda Conference, and was what i was fully hyped for.

They showed DOOM, Which looks amazing. The close combat action scenes look great.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4clvjusF_HI[/video]

And there was also the reason i stayed up to 5am for, Fallout 4.
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QK_yEgsV0[/video]

I cannot wait for Fallout, it looks great and i love all the new features they're bringing to Fallout 4. Such as the crafting system:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnbV0B89zwM[/video]

I'm a little skeptical on what plot line they can pull from this, but nothing has been announced yet. There was also Fallout Shelter announced, a Mobile game that makes you the overseer of your own vault :)

There was also the Press Conferences of the big names in the console gaming world. Microsoft, EA, Playstation etc. Here is a recording of the Microsoft Press Conference if you missed it (Sony one hadn't happened by the time i posted this)

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TJEuSiMo0A[/video]

It starts at 30 mins in. I'm hyped for Gears Of War 4, but despite my love of Halo i don't care for Halo: Guardians. 343 Killed the franchise for me. They're also trying to make a PC out of the One with added features such as Backwards Compatibility to play Non-720p last gen games on a Non-1080p Console! There's also a new controller which is a complete gimmick.

You guys are also getting DayZ, So have fun spending the next 2 years on a broken game with us :)

Guardian

Reaction score
DOOM looks like it would be pretty fun to play.

I will definitely be getting Fallout 4 though. I've been waiting for a new one for way too long. Very interesting to see the new crafting capabilities.

I like the backwards compatibility option, but Microsoft is focusing on the wrong things. People play consoles for a reason. It is not a PC and should not be intertwined. This is why Windows 8 was such a catastrophic failure.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Anyone see the video of No Mans Sky? It looks really good, I can't wait for that

Guardian

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Anyone see the video of No Mans Sky? It looks really good, I can't wait for that

I hadn't heard of that one before. Just looked it up though, and it looks really interesting. A lot of potential there.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Guardian said:
Toxique said:

I hadn't heard of that one before. Just looked it up though, and it looks really interesting. A lot of potential there.

It's a huge universe, I remembered watching it last year at E3.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Toxique said:
Guardian said:
Toxique said:

It's a huge universe, I remembered watching it last year at E3.
Yeah.. i saw it, remembered what it was and skipped it.

Ging_Freecss

Reaction score
Nintendo was beyond shit only decent thing they showed was Star Fox. Sony was amazing that FF VII Remake. Microsoft was great Forza 6 looks good. Bethesda was awesome Fall Out and Doom hype. Square Enix was beast dat Kingdom Hearts 3 :O. EA was good Battle Front! Ubisoft was meh Assassins Creed looked okayish. Over all pretty decent E3.

Martin

Reaction score
Bethesda had a perfect conference - everything they showed went straight in at the top of my list of things that I want to get my hands on. Both Xbox and Sony had some strong performances too. I'd say it was one of the better E3's in recent times.

Radix24

Reaction score
I have to say that Bethesda won it in my books. It converted me, a non Fallout fan, to actually look into the lore and play the game. For Doom, not much hype for me. The last doom I played was the very first one oh so many years ago. For Sony, I cannot wait for the FF7 remake to come out. Yeah, it might have some semblance of nostalgia to it, but I have not fully finished the games since the game discs broke then. I would love to play it from the start once more. That Knights of the Round animation sequence though.

Fun E3 for me.

pwarbi

Reaction score
Having been eagerly anticipating E3, It looks like it's just me then that was left a little underwhelmed by what was shown. I'm still yet to be blown away by anything released on the next gen consoles up to now to be honest, and there's doesn't appear to be a great deal of difference from the PS3 and Xbox360 days.

Obi

Reaction score
For me, the conferences this year were average besides Bethesda's. I'm always excited to see a new IP like Horizon Zero Dawn or a sequel to something I know I like, such as the new Ghost Recon, but besides those there wasn't much that interested me. I just felt a little disappointed in what was shown, I got bored more often than I expected.

Antique Beast

Reaction score
I like that Squeenix showed the FF7 remake, but if I'm honest, I really wanted new information regarding FF15. Are they developing the two at once? Are they putting FF15 on the backburner?

My other concern that I and a few of my friends share is that they're going to adjust some of the scenes and/or dialogue in the FF7 remake, which may not be so terrible in some cases but can be horrible in others.