• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Does Anyone Still Play Runescape?

ponyoworks

Reaction score
Old School got me back into it, but most of the game seems to be achievement based now, more true in RS3, but still true in old school Runescape. Everyone who plays is worried about their farm runs and their agility armour, the game seems to have lost its edge in PVP. So if you still enjoy skilling for days on end, Runescape is the same old game for you !

Ferns

Reaction score
RuneScape is my first real online game experience and I'm grateful for my friend introducing it to me back in the day. I stopped playing for many years but went back to it last year to see what has changes over the years. Needless to say, I was in for a shock. The graphics have apparently improved, there are some new skills and the map was altered. I still play occasionally nowadays and still enjoy it.

chumzybabe

Reaction score
Yes, I still play runescape, its a very good and interesting game. I have been playing it for a long and still am.

valy

Reaction score
I don't think there are many who still plays this game! My memories from Runescape are still extremely fond, and I did like the game, but I am not playing anymore. I am thinking about getting back into it since the layout of Runescape is just very minimalistic and plus I don't think it's very bandwidth intensive compared to Tera or Aion!

WarVet

Reaction score
I don't think there are many who still plays this game! My memories from Runescape are still extremely fond, and I did like the game, but I am not playing anymore. I am thinking about getting back into it since the layout of Runescape is just very minimalistic and plus I don't think it's very bandwidth intensive compared to Tera or Aion!

Runescape marked my childhood. I still remember crafting and killing chickens in the good old days. But like you said nowadays other games have taken its place. Anyone here is familiar with Tibia?

anaatef9

Reaction score
I only used to play Runescape regularly as 12 year old back in 2009. It was such a good game. I loved the economy and grinding. My main skill was mining and smithing. I never had a membership though. So when i heard about old-school Runescape a couple of months ago I downloaded it and played it for a couple of weeks with membership to try it out. There was a lot of things that i haven't experienced. It was like a brand new game. Sadly, I got bored of it a couple of weeks into it so i just stopped.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I only used to play Runescape regularly as 12 year old back in 2009. It was such a good game. I loved the economy and grinding. My main skill was mining and smithing. I never had a membership though. So when i heard about old-school Runescape a couple of months ago I downloaded it and played it for a couple of weeks with membership to try it out. There was a lot of things that i haven't experienced. It was like a brand new game. Sadly, I got bored of it a couple of weeks into it so i just stopped.
It's been a long while since I've played Runecape as well. Probably been since middle school for me, which would also have been about 2009-ish. I tried to log back in several months ago to see if my account was still active and see where I left off in the game. If I remember correctly, they wanted me to download a client or something to play Runescape and I didn't want to go through the hassle of installing a client for something I probably wasn't going to get back into.

anaatef9

Reaction score
It's been a long while since I've played Runecape as well. Probably been since middle school for me, which would also have been about 2009-ish. I tried to log back in several months ago to see if my account was still active and see where I left off in the game. If I remember correctly, they wanted me to download a client or something to play Runescape and I didn't want to go through the hassle of installing a client for something I probably wasn't going to get back into.
I only got back into it because I started watching a former twitch streamer by the name of Ice Poseidon. I was introduced to ice by an overwatch streamer " Timthetatman" when he tried out Runescape for the first time. Ice is really entertaining and made the game look fun again. Now ice moved to youtube and moved to real Life streaming. but yea you are right in the good old days we used to play on the browser. Now you have to download a client and start all over again.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I only got back into it because I started watching a former twitch streamer by the name of Ice Poseidon. I was introduced to ice by an overwatch streamer " Timthetatman" when he tried out Runescape for the first time. Ice is really entertaining and made the game look fun again. Now ice moved to youtube and moved to real Life streaming. but yea you are right in the good old days we used to play on the browser. Now you have to download a client and start all over again.
You have to start all over again? Well that alone would kill it for me. I was a relatively high level I'm pretty sure, and I wouldn't want to go through having to get myself back to the same level I was originally. That's a real shame.

anaatef9

Reaction score
You have to start all over again? Well that alone would kill it for me. I was a relatively high level I'm pretty sure, and I wouldn't want to go through having to get myself back to the same level I was originally. That's a real shame.
That is what honestly made me quit after 2 weeks. Before I left the game in 2009 I was level 75.So, having to start all over was not fun. I enjoyed a bit of nostalgia and learning new things that I didn't know existed. That was it though, the game just isn't fun anymore.

WarVet

Reaction score

Yeah for me too! I loved the game back then because it offered several possibilities of character and skill customization. You could cook, forge, hunt, kill monsters and all that. Stil, i agree with you. I haven't tried to log back in my account but I certainly would not install anything since online gaming is not my priority anymore and even if it was meh I'd go for other games.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I left Runescape for other MMORPGs. I find some of the gameplay boring and the graphics does not suit my taste. I am currently more inclined to playing MOBAs for now too.

Alex

Reaction score
I still play Runescape and can't seem to stop. Even when I think I have finally quit, a short while later I find the urge to play. I mainly play RS3, but sometimes I will play Old School or Deadman Mode. If Runescape was not a big part of my childhood I would definitely not play it anymore. There is not much special about the game itself besides the nostalgia. There is no way I would be able to recommend someone to start playing Runescape unless they have in the past.

DudeInCorner

Reaction score
I play Runescape on and off still, old school only though. As was said above, I left it when I got into other MMORPGs, namely WoW. I definitely agree that if the game was not such a large part of my childhood, I wouldn't be playing it as much as I do today. Most of what I do is quest on downtime and search for that feeling of nostalgia, like when I completed the quest that gifts you excalibur I had a great laugh as when I used to play Runescape I had lost the sword doing some simple rat farming in sewers. Or maybe I'll powerfarm some rune essence, to remind me of the days when I'd make tons of money selling pure rune essence in the Grand Exchange! But other than that, you won't find me grinding to level all my skills to 99.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
I recently got back on old school Runescape, after nearly ten years, and wow, what a nostalgia trip! The crummy graphics, the music, everything. It felt like I was back in middle school. I played for about a week, but the game is so grind-y that the nostalgia couldn't hold it. It's pretty fun, but to progress levels just takes so much repetitive work. Chopping trees, running obstacle courses and killing millions of sand crabs might have been fun in 7th grade, but now... I have more fun games to play!

Yukibana

Reaction score
I tried playing Runescape a few times, but never was able to get into it. The game is still alive, of course, but there's probably some rose-colored glasses that cause people who played it as children to continue. I do still think the game has its merits though and is a high-quality game.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I remember playing the game in 2010 when it still felt like a classic game. I tried to get back on the game last month but it felt like another game to me. I'm guessing they have changed a lot from back then although I would try to play again. I hear they are developing Runescape for mobile devices too? It's convenient to play on already downloaded assets instead of the usual load-on-the-go for PC versions which make it laggy for people that do not have fast internet connections.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I'm always hearing about Runescape and I need to learn more about it. I believe some streamers still play it a lot, does anyone know someone interesting to watch?

Craap

Reaction score
It's funny cause, runescape became some sort of a job near my hometown. Trading gold is actually pretty profitable from my country. Of course, it all depends on your country's economy, but it does fine around here. Most of my friends still play runescape, farm some accounts and manage to make around $20/day. But I don't think anybody plays over pleasure anymore, lol. Of course, some people does, hteir servers are not actually dead and lots of people still enjoy it, but my guess is that it's hype went down a long, long time ago.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I can honestly say I have tried it a few times but I could never get into it. How ever I was shocked and amazed on how many people follow the game on Twitch. I seen 4500 people watching someone playing Runescape about a month or so ago.