• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you wish your old PS2 games worked?

ZINC

Reaction score
For the newer models, don't you wish the old games worked? There's some old games i'd love to revive.

haze

Reaction score
Some of my old games do work! I always play GTASA on my PS2 because SA was the best game I have ever played in my view and playing it again helps me relive my younger years and also, it is just hilarious for me to fly around in a plan nose bombing into different places and blowing up everything. :p

themanikin

Reaction score
yes i had to rebuy god of war for the ps3 cause of it pissed me the hell off

razelia

Reaction score
I don't really mind since my PS2 is still fully functional :p. And I keep my games like they're a treasure (complete with plastic wrap and stuff), so all of them are almost mint.

yurithebest1

Reaction score
Well i don't have a Playstation 2 anymore because i sold it when the Playstation 3 was released, and to be honest i really miss playing all those PS2 games, especially games such as GTA: San Andreas, Burnout 3, Metal Gear Sold and many other games.

Eva999

Reaction score
A PS2 is like 30 bucks max, so it's not hard to go pick one up if you need one.

razelia

Reaction score
A PS2 is like 30 bucks max, so it's not hard to go pick one up if you need one.

This is true.

And when the PS3 came around I never even thought of selling my PS3. I have an emotional attachment to my consoles for some reason.

Snrm

Reaction score
I am one of the few lucky ones that decided to buy a PS3 on the month when it first came out. 60GB "fat" models have backwards compatibility which means you can play any PS1 or PS2 game on your PS3 as well. It is something I take for granted but I would never give my PS3 away because the backwards compatibility is my favorite feature. I can easily switch out my favorite PS3 game with my favorite PS2 game :p.

yurithebest1

Reaction score
I am one of the few lucky ones that decided to buy a PS3 on the month when it first came out. 60GB "fat" models have backwards compatibility which means you can play any PS1 or PS2 game on your PS3 as well. It is something I take for granted but I would never give my PS3 away because the backwards compatibility is my favorite feature. I can easily switch out my favorite PS3 game with my favorite PS2 game :p.
Oh i think that you're very lucky to have the backwards compatibility in your Playstation 3 and i think that if you wanna sell it you will earn a lot of money from it just because of that special feature.

Lug

Reaction score
I think backwards compatibility is a must and is one reason I do not own a PS3

Screlx

Reaction score
Of course I do. Ever since I converted to the PS3 Slim, my PS2 games wouldn't work. I really would love to play some more GTA:SA. The level of entertainment in the game is outstanding!

Hidden308

Reaction score
The only good games on the PS2 were Crash Bandikoot imo.