• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you spend money on gaming gear?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
All I need is a gaming console(be it a PC or PS4) and a chair to sit down. Rest is all just futile and unwanted wastage of money.

I feel that more the gaming game gears more complicated the game becomes. I love to play games but in the most basic form. Any additional paraphernalia is just non existent for me.

thart

Reaction score
My buying habits are not consistent. I usually buy games in bulk, and most months i don't really buy anything. I'd say over a span of 6 months or so though, i most likely have spent a few hundred dollars.

joegirl

Reaction score
I don't really spend a lot on gaming gears. They have a place and if you want to take up playing games as a career, or you have the money, then sure, you can go all out and splurge on gears. It's not a good or bad thing. It's just an option available for those who want it.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I don't really spend that much money on gaming gears. I am not really keen into getting gaming gears. I prefer to use this money to buy new games. Gaming is my passion and I always want to explore new games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Personally.i have spent close to 1.300$ on my hobby in the last month.maybe more i gotva wi u with 7 games. The ps vita assassins creed bundle. A new gtx680 graphics card for my pc. And pre-ordered pain in full for the retro console.neo geo x gold. Plus assorted games like far cryve and otheir dijital downloads. I think i went overboard just a bit , but i need to know there that are doing the same thing..
For me I can spend on hardware if I researched on it since the price is probably not gonna change for a while. But for games, I usually wait for massive discounts during sales before I make a move. Before that

kenoobie

Reaction score
I bought myself a mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse. They really improve the experience and I don't think I will ever go back to using ordinary keyboards and mouse. The gaming mouse I have is a logitech G402 hyperion fury. The mouse feels heavy at first but is really great since it helps with aiming and has a buttons for adjusting mouse sensitivity so that you don't have to go back to settings everytime you want to change the mouse speed.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I don't really spend a lot on gaming gears. They have a place and if you want to take up playing games as a career, or you have the money, then sure, you can go all out and splurge on gears. It's not a good or bad thing. It's just an option available for those who want it.
I don't think you can play video games for a career. Most of those pro gamers all stop competing when they reach 25, so what are you gonna do after that? You can't possibly live off of the 1 million dollar prize for that one tournament, where you even have to split it with your teammates and manager as well as the other people who helped you get there. What do you do? From graduation until you reach 25, it's mostly going to be trying to get experience for work so you can get a serious gig by the time you are 30. Spending your early 20s playing "pro" video games would be I think more of a roadblock in the long run.

Sino989

Reaction score
I used to spend money on gaming gear back when I was into the competitive scene on call of duty. I had bought a scuf controller and a few packs on kontrol freaks lol

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
My opinion is that a good mouse and keyboard will give you a slight edge, and that is from my own experience. But you can be a boss even with cheaper or even the cheapest of gear, it depends on how much you practice of course. I used to rekt people a whole lot even back when I had a 5$ wireless battery driven mouse haha. But yes gear does matter, better gear= slight edge, especially in FPS games.

Moaz

Reaction score
Yes, I've spent more than 100 Dollars on gaming gears, I love gaming gears, they make the games better.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I have purchased an analog controller for my PC before in order for me to have a better experience in playing emulated games. I haven't purchased a gaming mouse in the past. Does it really make a difference as compared to using a standard mouse?

Another gaming gear that I purchased before was a dance pad (which I regret getting) because I didn't really enjoy playing with it that much. Also, the dance pad was really slippy if I was wearing socks and sticky if I wasn't wearing any. I wanted to purchase a light gun before in order to play point blank but I wasn't able to do so.

That's pretty much it guys.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
It sometimes necessary to purchase gaming accessaries of a particular game. It adds tool to the game making full use of utility that a game offer. It helps in acquiring more fun with these devices. But all games do not require these gaming accessary.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I insist not to buy expensive gaming gears although I would be willing to spend money for video card and RAM upgrades. I don't see the relevance of buying a gaming mouse when the one I am using is convenient to use already even for gaming. If I buy gaming gear for my PC though I always check all available prices and see their features. I'll end up buying the cheapest, despite that.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Actually, no I do not. I am a bit of a purist when it comes to this, mainly because I game a lot at other places and friends' houses. I don't want to get spoiled on certain gear that I have to haul around in order to be competitive, so I just use the basics so I feel like I can show up and play anywhere.This might be a bit close-minded on my part, but that's just kind of how I am wired.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I myself spend money in buying gaming items and gears. It's not wasting money because as a game lover you understand how gaming gear is important because it affects your game and moves. I keep buying expensive gears yet worth it because it will last for a long period of time unlike buying cheaper one yet it can easily destroy in short period. Gears are like your weapon if you're going to war so we should not limit ourselves in buying this weapon because it keeps us alive in every game we played.

WarVet

Reaction score
I don't spend money on gaming items except for essential items like a mouse or a headset. Why? Because it's definitely not my priority ATM. Even the games itself are not my spending priority so I most certainly won't spend money that I don't have on something that is not essential.

sima061

Reaction score
I don't, but if I played more I probably would. I don't actually need any of it and I don't play so much that not having it could bother me. But if I invested more time in gaming, I'm sure I wouldn't mind investing some money too for my enjoyment. However at the moment I just don't feel I need it.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I buy gaming keyboards and gaming mouse and a nice headset. But I don't see the need to buy gaming chairs, controllers, mouse pads, etc. I think some people take gaming to the extreme and even buy everything including gaming drinks.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Actually, no I do not. I am a bit of a purist when it comes to this, mainly because I game a lot at other places and friends' houses. I don't want to get spoiled on certain gear that I have to haul around in order to be competitive, so I just use the basics so I feel like I can show up and play anywhere.This might be a bit close-minded on my part, but that's just kind of how I am wired.
It is ok to be that kind of person not required any new tools to enhance the games quality.We play games to get fun and enjoyment. We can get it with friends around us. Going with them (friends) is always a better option. This is real fun in real world. Good choice.

surlaw

Reaction score
I usually just play games in bed or at my desk, haha. Buying gaming gear has never been a real priority for me, but I will say that having a nice headset makes a lot of games much easier. Honestly, I've never even heard of a gaming chair - what makes it special for gaming? Does it help with your posture or something? I can imagine something like that being somewhat useful, even for more than just gaming.