• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you like sharing your games?

Neo

Reaction score
I shared some game cds with my ex boyfriend, I never even got them back till date and I have no idea what happened to them. One time I lent GTA V and NBA2k16 for a college gaming competition with a promise that I'd get them back in one piece. I got them back nearly after a month and they came with so many scratches and they were dirty and the nba cd stopped working the next week. Ugh I don't know how many hands have exchanged them. Since then I never shared games with anyone whosoever. I am not trusting another soul with my precious games and they only belong to me and my brother and that's about it.

WarVet

Reaction score
I shared some game cds with my ex boyfriend, I never even got them back till date and I have no idea what happened to them. One time I lent GTA V and NBA2k16 for a college gaming competition with a promise that I'd get them back in one piece. I got them back nearly after a month and they came with so many scratches and they were dirty and the nba cd stopped working the next week. Ugh I don't know how many hands have exchanged them. Since then I never shared games with anyone whosoever. I am not trusting another soul with my precious games and they only belong to me and my brother and that's about it.

It's one way to look at things. I've never had a problem sharing my games with friends mostly because I keep a strict social circle so anyone I share with is a person of my utmost trust. I have however been asked by people I considered less than acquaintances to share my games with and I have denied,

Neo

Reaction score
It's one way to look at things. I've never had a problem sharing my games with friends mostly because I keep a strict social circle so anyone I share with is a person of my utmost trust. I have however been asked by people I considered less than acquaintances to share my games with and I have denied,
Well yes, I think I wouldn't mind sharing with genuinely trustworthy people whom I know really well and who will take care of the game like a baby :p

Sino989

Reaction score
I don't mid sharing my games. Especially if it's a game that I really enjoyed because I would want to share that experience with someone else. So yeah I like to share my games I would say :)

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
@OursIsTheFury "If I tried that "new one" business, nobody would ever return games to me again." LOL!

So, I think we are on the same boat here. :tongueout: Some of my friends even avoid asking me for some games, so... I think I'm on the right track (and I'm not gonna change the direction :sunglasses:).
Yeah it's all about putting your foot on the ground about that. People will stop asking if you don't give them the time of day. Your games would last longer, and if you're like me who gets annoyed by physical copies of games being mishandled by people who are either ignorant of how to even hold discs, or people who don't care, then it's easier to protect your copies by simply denying people from the start.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Well yes, I think I wouldn't mind sharing with genuinely trustworthy people whom I know really well and who will take care of the game like a baby :p
Good for you. My cousins don't even keep the discs on the case. Growing up I had to see discs next to food, next to ash trays, next to toys; they don't care about games and when it gets scratched or it doesn't work anymore, they'd blame me for having defective discs. This is why I'm so grateful for Steam and virtual storage of games. No more of that problems and best of all, they can't borrow my games now.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Yeah it's all about putting your foot on the ground about that. People will stop asking if you don't give them the time of day. Your games would last longer, and if you're like me who gets annoyed by physical copies of games being mishandled by people who are either ignorant of how to even hold discs, or people who don't care, then it's easier to protect your copies by simply denying people from the start.

Yes, everyone should learn to impose themselves in every kind of situation they don't like or that they don't feel comfortable. Of course you don't have to be rude, but be firm in your decisions. It's all about that. :wink:

Neo

Reaction score
Good for you. My cousins don't even keep the discs on the case. Growing up I had to see discs next to food, next to ash trays, next to toys; they don't care about games and when it gets scratched or it doesn't work anymore, they'd blame me for having defective discs. This is why I'm so grateful for Steam and virtual storage of games. No more of that problems and best of all, they can't borrow my games now.
Oh yes its a very annoying feeling when the disc is not kept in the case. I always take the utmost care to not let any scratches or even a speck of dust get on my cds. Its frustrating when people don't take care of my cd as much as or at least close to how I take care of it, and I'd just avoid sharing at all if all they are going to do is treat the cd like crap.

Kharyode

Reaction score
You mean giving it out. (Physical) I don't, but I do entertain my friend with games when ever the come to my place. The played it and leave.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
You mean giving it out. (Physical) I don't, but I do entertain my friend with games when ever the come to my place. The played it and leave.

This scenario is very acceptable to me :smiley:, but still I always try to redouble my care with my most clumsy friends. :tonguewink:

Lexi

Reaction score
I like sharing them, I want others to enjoy the games as well. however, I'm a little careful with physical copies with some people. I know a few people that wouldn't take good care of them. But other than that, I love to share them. Especially if they may not be able to get it for themselves.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
I enjoy sharing reviews and my opinions on them. Physical copies? Hell no. Unless you prove to me that you're a freak about preservation and taking really good care of my games or books then I won't ever lend them out. Learned a few nasty lessons when I was younger. Loaned a 1st edition Harry Potter book and a few games out to friends and they came back destroyed. When I was growing up with my younger brother around, I took my allowance and bought a whole new door set- bolt lock and knobs with keys and installed it myself just to keep his grubby hands from ruining my stuff.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I like sharing them, I want others to enjoy the games as well. however, I'm a little careful with physical copies with some people. I know a few people that wouldn't take good care of them. But other than that, I love to share them. Especially if they may not be able to get it for themselves.

I'm very jealous of my things, but... The main factor that makes me not lend my games are the people who are not careful with them. This is very annoying! :triumph:

yunken

Reaction score
I don't see anything bad in sharing my games with my friends or those that ask for it. I find it odd seeing someone not wanting to share his/her games with other. I derive so much pleasure in sharing my files, most especially games.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Who doesn't like a good game trade? I mean, obviously I vet the people I'm trading with. If you don't take care of your own stuff I'm probably not going to lend you my stuff. Given how expensive those little discs are I do hold people to a certain level of accountability, and I hold myself to it as well. But my experience would be far less rich if not for sharing.

Ash

Reaction score
I've never shared a game and I doubt I ever will. I like my physical game boxes to be nice and clean. I also like the boxes to be of a good quality because sometimes it's just nice to look at your collection of games and admire them. Because of that I will never share my games, even with my closest friends because you just have to be careful with these type of things. They could accidentally scratch your disk or ruin the game box. And especially with your closest friends, you cannot really do anything because you don't want to ruin your friendship or offend them

Laibrown

Reaction score
There's love in sharing but I guess this saying is a cliche already. But on a serious not yes I love sharing my game. The deal is getting or buying new games sometime can be challenging if not impossible, so I like a to get games from my friends and colleagues. So it is just morally right to enjoy sharing my games if I love getting games from other. So the answer to the question is a resounding capital yes.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I don't see anything bad in sharing my games with my friends or those that ask for it. I find it odd seeing someone not wanting to share his/her games with other. I derive so much pleasure in sharing my files, most especially games.

I don't know if this is your case, but what if your friend is a careless / clumsy person? Would you keep the idea of lending your game to him / her? :tongueclosed:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
There's love in sharing but I guess this saying is a cliche already.

Honestly, I think it's a very beautiful attitude... But in theory. In practice the scenario is extremely different. I don't consider myself a selfish person, but I am very careful about my things.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh yes its a very annoying feeling when the disc is not kept in the case. I always take the utmost care to not let any scratches or even a speck of dust get on my cds. Its frustrating when people don't take care of my cd as much as or at least close to how I take care of it, and I'd just avoid sharing at all if all they are going to do is treat the cd like crap.
Yeah, it's not worth it. Good thing now since Steam only lets you play your own games, so the concept of borrowing is dead. Gift a game, sure, but you can't just casually go to a relative's house, expect to browse through their games, get what you want, and return it whenever you wanted. It's a lot simpler this way, and since it's all digital all I gotta do is keep my account secure and I'll have the game permanently.