• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join Now!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Do you invest real money on playing games

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Martinsx, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Martinsx

Martinsx New Member

Most games today are played in such a way that one can be able to invest real cash into playing the game just to have a good team or set up and be able to play it with ease.

I have this friend of mine who invest around £50 monthly in one soccer game just to have a better team and beat his opponent to pulp. I have never considered doing this in any way because I see it as being a coward.

2. Pixie06

Pixie06 Member

I have never invested that much but I do make some purchase every now and then for some upgrades. It is not just about competing with others. It is about achieving my own goals. Gaming is my hobby. I can spend a whole day playing some games without getting bored. Sometimes those upgrades make the game more interesting. I think that you must try it.

3. iTommy

iTommy Member

Yes I did, I have ever bought games from Popcap, Reflexive and Origin games, they are great games I could not miss.
    Beside paid games, I played more free games and all of them are good games.

4. Soulwatcher

Soulwatcher New Member

Yes, I have back when I had a lot of money I spent around $1,400 on fluff items on Everquest 2. I had over $180 invested in my house alone, and I didn't mind spending all that money because back then I mostly lived in virtual worlds. I would never spend that kind of money on a game today. I might buy something here or there but I wouldn't ever go over $50.

5. Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) Community Supervisor Community Supervisor

I've never been the person to care about cosmetics which is what I see a large amount of people spend real cash on in games. As for extra content if we're including DLC into this conversation, than i've derfinetly spent money on those as they generally add extra content to one of your favorite titles.

6. Vladimir Gray

Vladimir Gray Active Member Forum Administrator

It depends sometimes for me, I will usually buy an Item on the steam market for a game depending on what the market is at, for example PUBG:

I bought a case for it and then sold it on the market for an extra 2$