• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do You Buy Themed Sticker Capsules?

alexanderzx360

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was just wondering if buying sticker capsules was still a thing on CS:GO, I remember back in 2014 and 2015 that everytime there was a major e-sports events, Valve would come out with Sticker capsules for all of the team, which people bought and even sometimes raised a lot in price. In fact the first sticker capsules that came out on the EMS 2014 Katowice event are now valued at 500$ each, which is crazy considering it that they were sold back then officially at 1$ and the last day of the event at only 0,25cents.

valy

Reaction score
500$ each? That is a very big price. I don't think is worth to spend money on stickers, I prefer to keep the money and buy skins. That is what helps me in the game, I think that stickers are unuseful in this game!

alexanderzx360

Reaction score
500$ each? That is a very big price. I don't think is worth to spend money on stickers, I prefer to keep the money and buy skins. That is what helps me in the game, I think that stickers are unuseful in this game!

I know 500$ for a digital sticker which only adds to the aesthetic of the weapon is crazy, but there are so many people interested in these things it's almost its own market nowadays. I have a friend that even "works" reselling stickers and skins and it's a great part of his monthly earnings.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never really been interested in what I consider "useless" cosmetics that are overpriced however I can understand how someone might want to stand out and look the coolest among the other players. I think it's cool that people are making "income" off it but unfortunately i've never taken part to know enough about it.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've never really been interested in what I consider "useless" cosmetics that are overpriced however I can understand how someone might want to stand out and look the coolest among the other players. I think it's cool that people are making "income" off it but unfortunately i've never taken part to know enough about it.
I'm kinda the same with sparks... I have a few stickers however I haven't boughten any in over a while now, I'm more into the actual gun skins more then stickers as stickers are kinda useless to me and don't do anything different except add a little logo which other people can't really see.