• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Did you make the right career choice?

Beverly

Reaction score
I always wanted to be a writer and was lucky enough to see my dream come true as I'm published on many sites and blogs online. Though I am still writing my ebook and want to have it published on Kindle. Though I studied to be a legal assistant and sometimes wish I had finished my degree for that. I don't know if I would like to do that for a living though they earn well.

Saffy

Reaction score
I'm still in college finishing up my degree. I love writing as well. My major is photography however, I'm going to get my AA and then switch my major to teaching because well, let's face it, there's not much I can do in photography as a full time career. It's possible but hard to do. So I plan to teach elementary school because I enjoy working with kids and then I will do photography as a side business. + I mean I can teach photography to kids too, not the fancy stuff but just simple things and introduce them to a camera.. I'd love to teach photography but it's hard to get to the Universities with my major now and I have to take 10 extra classes that they added to the degree that I don't want to take such as sculpting, history of art 1 &2, and another sculpting class.

Claraviolet

Reaction score
Well,honestly..No.I have rejected a cool job offer so that I can be with my family, a little longer.
I know that I made a mistake but still I am fine with that :)

You will have to do what you want.That's what I believe Beverly and good luck with your life ;)

Saffy

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with that! Do what you want and do what you enjoy!

NickJ

Reaction score
I have a tech-related day job and I also work as an entrepreneur/small business owner and promoter. So yeah, I have to say I am pretty happy with my life thus far.

CosmicOdyssey

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you do life will screw you over every chance it gets

maniacmaran

Reaction score
Nope. When i was little, I wanted to be a professional soccer player or scientist or film maker and animator, but as I grew older, I just lost interest. Now I'm very much into photography, and I'm still into film making and animation, but not as much as I wanted to when I was younger.

I'm not a school person. I disliked going to school and I don't think that college is for me. Despite what people are saying. "You need to go to school to be successful", I have never believed in that, but to each his own. Even though I do dislike school, I'm still on the verge of going. I'm about to visit this film school in NYC very soon. I'm actually quite excited.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I ask myself this all the time, and I truly think that I did. Sometimes, it's easy to get discourage and to think what you want isn't really what you want. I'm just getting out of a situation like that, and I can honestly say that I feel like I was meant to be on this path.

Dana

Reaction score
I'm still in that process of choosing my career, as I'm still in college. I honestly don't know if I'm making the right decision, if I'm going to regret it in the near future or far or at all, but I know that I have to get some sort of education to succeed.