• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Destiny for PS4, worth it?

jurew2

Reaction score
When the Destiny game was announced I was really hyped about it and wanted to buy it as soon as possible, but I didn't have the money at the time to do so. I didn't buy it until now, but right now a lot of people that have played it complain about it how repetitive it is and how it is not worth buying it. Do you guys think that I should still buy it or do you also think(like the critics) that the game is overrated and not worth the money?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I've played it at a friends quite a few times, it's a great game with a great concept about it. Well worth the money. As soon as I have the money for it/get a next-gen console I'll be buying it without a doubt.

Ridge

Reaction score
It's not the world changing game people wanted it to be, but it is still super fun and has lots to do. Well worth the money for sure.

TheViper

Reaction score
The game is really fun to play and is worth the cost. Though, if you would ask me if this game made the PS4 worth buying. I would have to say no just like if you put the Xbox One in the equation. The simple fact is that companies are releasing games for the "old gen" before the "new gen".

pcgamer

Reaction score
If I were you, I would definitely get this game for PS4 as it is the best platform to play this game right now. They are planning to release this game on PC later on, but why wait when you can have loads of fun right now. So get into that. Buy this game for your PS4.

Squigly

Reaction score
It's a fun game with lots of replayability, think of Borderlands and Diablo. Plenty of PvE and PvP content. However in my opinion it is best played with a group of friends!

WAVWirmer

Reaction score
Yes its worth it just go in knowing what your gonna get dont expect a huge open world with millions of missions and side quests like a skyrim or fallout. Its more of a smaller scaled version of the two the worlds are large in size 3-4 major sections with smaller caves or building you can explore. Each planet has a handle full of missions and 1-2 strikes that are also in the mix with daily bounty's that will have you replaying some missions or doing certain actions or moves an x amount of times. The game has tons of weapons and gear like a borderlands game with some very strong and hard to get exotic and legendary weapons that excel over all the other weapons. The combat is some crazy fun a mix of halo and COD with the good features of both taken into the game. Weather its online or offline playing alone or with friends the game is fun even though at times it feels like their isnt much to do you always find something to do.

GamingRebel

Reaction score
This is my opinion about the game. It is a great game if you don't play it that much and or you don't mind the game repeating itself over and over when you need to grind. The story is not worth listening to and does not affect the gameplay if you do not, as you will most likely rush through story so you can do raids and play online. I do own the game and thought it was was the buy as I don't play too many too many console games anymore. Lastly if you were to buy it and get the most out of your money I would get the DLC, now this does not mean you have to but this will give you much more gameplay and raids. With the DLC since you are on PS4 you will get extra weapons only available to the PS4, which imo are awesome. Hope this helped you out as this is all the knowledge i know and could share with you ;).