• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Suggestion Day Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
Hey all!

So, when I was a moderator In a different community, we had the rule of there being no appeals for day bans.
We only undid one day bans if there was a mistake and the person who handed out the ban and banned party agrees that is was a mistake.
I felt this rule could also work here in AG.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

-Fezz

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Why would anyone go through the effort to appeal a 1 day ban? Lol
Exactly this. However, we can make it an official thing if need be :p Provided the 1 day ban was justified. Not just banned because there is an abusive user.

Also It's AG :3
Actually Banana says its AX ;) But Most people just use the full [AXIOM] Name

Blasty

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
By the time it takes someone to respond to a ban appeal your ban would be over with.

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
By the time it takes someone to respond to a ban appeal your ban would be over with.
I would have to agree if someone was banned for a day from stuff they wouldn't even have time for an appeal. Maybe after it is over (like most people who get in trouble for fucking around) will probably file for staff abuse on forums.

Iankiller99

Reaction score
Hey all!

So, when I was a moderator In a different community, we had the rule of there being no appeals for day bans.
We only undid one day bans if there was a mistake and the person who handed out the ban and banned party agrees that is was a mistake.
I felt this rule could also work here in AG.

Let me know what everyone thinks!

-Fezz
In my last community it wasn't 24 hour bans, but like 12 hr or under we didn't let have appeals.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
In my last community it wasn't 24 hour bans, but like 12 hr or under we didn't let have appeals.
Considering it takes the staff managers like 4 days to read appeals...
*Cough* @zdeathclock @ASC *cough*

I think 24 hours is a good rule of thumb to abide by.

Dr. Grant

Forum Super Moderator
Reaction score
Considering it takes the staff managers like 4 days to read appeals...
*Cough* @zdeathclock @ASC *cough*

I think 24 hours is a good rule of thumb to abide by.
Yeah I like the idea, but they won't be allowed to appeal for it due to the time it takes for that. So I say we should have day bans a thing

Status
Not open for further replies.