• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Daily Army Quiz

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
i am going to start posting weekly or daily have not decided yet questions about Army related topics ranging from history to how to wear a uniform, I hope people like this. If it gains enough popularity I might later on incorporate prizes with the first person to comment the right answer. That being said we will start off with a pretty easy question.

What year did WWII start?

swag

Reaction score
What I wanna know is, if saving private Ryan was able to be in color then how come most documentaries of ww2 use black and white film? Why didn't they use color like private Ryan?

Thanks

Azingwings

Reaction score
What I wanna know is, if saving private Ryan was able to be in color then how come most documentaries of ww2 use black and white film? Why didn't they use color like private Ryan?

Thanks
because the director was a colored man, while the rest were white, but they used black for the bad things

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hacksaw ridge was a great WW2 movie

swag

Reaction score
because the director was a colored man, while the rest were white, but they used black for the bad things
Oh ok thanks. This private Ryan guy deserves a raise to CLC for being the first colored guy

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks
Actually color film was around for a good time before the 40's the issue was, is that it was really expensive to produce, and black and white was cheaper. A good example of a colored film from the 40's would be "The wizard of Oz" (1939). Now the army likes to be cheap but effective at the same time, because of this they used black and white film for footage because it was cheap, and effective at the time. As for the question about saving private Ryan, the answer is saving private Ryan is actually recovered recon footage made by the Nazis following the deployment of private Ryan who at the time was a target of interest for them. You see Private Ryan was a test subject for Army project cicada. This was a super soldier project during ww2, in which soldiers were injected with different mixtures of steroid and speed in order to create the ultimate soldier. The Nazis, wanting to start their own similar program, had the SS film footage of how Lrivate Ryan acted on the battlefield. It is colored film because the Nazis preferred to use it to get a better detailed view of the picture for study.

swag

Reaction score
Actually color film was around for a good time before the 40's the issue was, is that it was really expensive to produce, and black and white was cheaper. A good example of a colored film from the 40's would be "The wizard of Oz" (1939). Now the army likes to be cheap but effective at the same time, because of this they used black and white film for footage because it was cheap, and effective at the time. As for the question about saving private Ryan, the answer is saving private Ryan is actually recovered recon footage made by the Nazis following the deployment of private Ryan who at the time was a target of interest for them. You see Private Ryan was a test subject for Army project cicada. This was a super soldier project during ww2, in which soldiers were injected with different mixtures of steroid and speed in order to create the ultimate soldier. The Nazis, wanting to start their own similar program, had the SS film footage of how Lrivate Ryan acted on the battlefield. It is colored film because the Nazis preferred to use it to get a better detailed view of the picture for study.
That's inspiring. Probably the same project where captain America came from. Looks like Ryan got the raise he deserved!

Thanks soldier man

swag

Reaction score
Same thing dude
no i think private ryan should become a clone lance corporal not a lance corporal. imagine him in that clone armor! wow! the first colored soldier in the first colored movie as a clc! wow!