• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Custom Built PC?

Empire

Reaction score
I built my own Desktop that I still have today, and also build and repaired older PC

Made an video on it, IT IS AN OLD VIDEO

Ipa07

Reaction score
Custom builds are more interesting and very fun to do. You will learn something by doing it, and also it's way cheaper than pre-built rig.

jelleh

Reaction score
I bought a custom PC a couple of months back and am enjoying it. I do recommend to buy it from a distributor with guaranty, so you are assured that you have a good and functional PC. But if you know what you are doing and have done it before or have dived into how to do everything, you are probably able to build one yourself and save a lot of money. Good luck!

kenoobie

Reaction score
Custom built computers are great. I maximized my budget by picking out the parts and where to buy them. There is also a sense of pride and accomplishment once you built and run a PC successfully.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I used to have a custom built computer before I had to switch over to a gaming laptop, for reasons. In any case, I consider building that rig to be one of my greatest accomplishments. Sure it wasn't anything all too complicated, but it felt pretty great to be playing on something I put together myself. That and there is the financial aspect of it. By buying the individual parts and putting it together myself, it had more power and cost less than any pre-built gaming PC out there! It pays to learn how to put together the hardware.

m33kuh

Reaction score
My first gaming rig was custom built by me. I purchased the parts online so there was a risk back then. But when the items arrived, I was glad that there weren't any damages or wrong items. Then I watched a video tutorial via my phone and it was really hard. I was scared and I made a lot of mistakes. Good thing I was careful and when it finally turned on, the feeling was great.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Custom built PC is great if you wish to optimize the build for your personal use. You may be able to save money compared to getting ready made PCs. However, you need to do research to make sure that the parts you want are compatible with each other. Do consider whether there is a possibility for upgrading for your parts. Otherwise, you may spend a lot to upgrade multiple parts in future.

Sino989

Reaction score
I used to own a custom built pc and it was great. I owned it for around 10 years and it eventually broke but 10 years is a long time so I was okay with it dying on me. I don't have one anymore because I prefer to use laptops now.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
From 2003 onward I have build 18 custom PC's for myself and my friends and family. And I only had a couple things go wrong with the 18 PC's that I built and every time it was because the PC had aged. So you really don't have to worry about parts breaking.

But I am at a crossroads in my life. I feel like if im not going to be gaming then I don't see the need for a gaming PC anymore. So I would just rather call up Dell and get a email & web browsing PC and be done with it.

streettallest

Reaction score
I have always wanted to get a custom built pc but never have. I don't have the $ to do so but maybe the next time we need a computer we'll have the money for it. My brother has done that many times though but he now has all macs

The idea behind building a custom PC is not limited to cost reduction alone. For many users its about the specifications they want to have. This informed by the purpose for which you are assembling the PC. So a custom PC may even be costlier than a new one. When i got my AMD i was advised to upgrade the RAM and graphics card because of the purpose for which i was buying.

zeedollar

Reaction score
That would be awesome, giving it all the specs you ever wished to see, but you must have the technical knowledge to get that one going too, and must be prepared to keep it in one permanent position because i don't think there would be much moving for that bad boy.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I like custom built PCs but I find myself too occupied with other stuff to focus my energies on PC building. I will just select the components and get a vendor to build it for me .

Laibrown

Reaction score
I have always bought already made brand computers. Although I have thought about building my own custom made game. But the thing is I am stil not sure if building is better of than buying brand products. I am taking about economical comparison, but I won't mind to get advice.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Isn't that
I like custom built PCs but I find myself too occupied with other stuff to focus my energies on PC building. I will just select the components and get a vendor to build it for me .
Isn't that custom building too? I mean buying the components and get someone with pc building knowledge to put the components together for you is also custom building. I might be wrong though but I will not mind getting the correction.