• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Blender Game Engine?

overcast

Reaction score
I have found that this is one more gaming engine. It is 3D engine that allow you to create 3D designs. And that's another thing to look at there. You can see that python is the language that is being used for the blender engine. Many people are making games using it. I heard there are people who make 3D designs too. So it's something worth checking out.

Have you tried this blender game engine?

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I haven't tried it, but I learned about it when I first downloaded Blender (to supposedly pair it with Unity). What I've heard is that it's pretty basic, too much to develop complex games without major complications later on. It's pretty outdated, too, and it's more resource-heavy than Unity.
It can be useful for prototyping, though, but that's as far as you should go. It's not worth it in the long run.

overcast

Reaction score
Unity and Blender are on different league I am guessing. Unity is good for laying the bricks. But I am looking at the blender in terms of the graphics only part. I know their gaming engine can make videos, stories and games. But I think getting blender stuff into Unity makes sense. So that way we have more control.

Referal

Reaction score
I have heard of Blender before and heard you can make good video effects for you YouTube channel as well. I had installed it but never used it much I was going to but got busy I might learn to use it (again) thanks for sharing this thread. Also There are some YouTube Intros and outros Belnder is good for you can even make custom ones.