• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best rpg game you ever played

Deathisue

Reaction score
All of us have one game, one espicific game, who gave us a incredible history, charismatic characters, a beutiful world and a incredible lore, in with all that i tell, tell me for you what is the best rpg whay you ever played.

valy

Reaction score
Hi Deathisue my favorite RPG game I have ever played, its Final Fantasy X, its epic, it has memorable characters and a lot of visuals, the likes of which no RPG has ever contained, a wealth of sidequests and mini-games,a soundtrack of unparalleled scope and beauty, and a wonderfully constructed world and fantastic storyline, there is also every reason to give this game a ten.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Well I have quite a few.
The Witcher, the first one, is a classic and beloved games. I also liked the second one, haven't played The Witcher 3.
I also liked Dragon Age Origins, Fallout (the first one, the old old old old one),
Also a small unknown game is Anachronox, and you can find it on GoG (also on Steam I think?) is a bit of hybrid between a WRPG and JRPG, nobody played it probably but it is extremely good! Check it out!

But... if we consider it a RPG and not just an action game, I would go with one of my favorite game of all time... Dark Souls.

WarVet

Reaction score
Hi Deathisue my favorite RPG game I have ever played, its Final Fantasy X, its epic, it has memorable characters and a lot of visuals, the likes of which no RPG has ever contained, a wealth of sidequests and mini-games,a soundtrack of unparalleled scope and beauty, and a wonderfully constructed world and fantastic storyline, there is also every reason to give this game a ten.

I really think it's the best FF also! I always loved RPGs but what I didn't like about some of them was the way unrealistic story and settings. It seems FFX combs in all in one. If you come to think of it it's a coherent story with cool and well-developed character (Auron anyone?) and other nice things like good controls and level up mechanism.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Skyrim blew my mind when I played it. I was a one handed sword warrior with a shield, got bored halfway through and started magic, and it's like you are trying to learn a new game all over again. You can be whatever you want, and if you put enough time into it, you'll be great at it. So much time spent for those games that I really wish I could play it again for the first time just to experience the game all over again.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
It has to be the Monster Hunter video game franchise for me. Every hunt for me is different and definitely is a brand new adventure, despite the same monster or objective. It may seem a bit repetitive since you will need to farm monster drops that are required to craft stronger armor sets and weapons. Each fight lasts at least 15 minutes and it gets exciting as you progress since you will be able to fight harder enemies and even their variants that have different abilities and behaviors. Defeating a very difficult monster is very satisfying and really is something to brag about.

iTommy

Reaction score
I am same on boat with you although I don't remember which version of Final Fantasy that I played but it is a good game and not easy for newbies.
I tried it for a while and I felt it is a game that you can play for a long time, it is pretty interesting.

Denis_P

Reaction score
This is such a hard question because not only is the RPG genre my favorite genre of games, but so many of the greatest video game titles in history were RPGs. While I love games like Witcher 3, Mass Effect, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and Dark Souls, I would have to say my favorite titles come out of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout series'. More specifically, I absolutely love The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3. Those are two titles that I cannot ever decide between.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My personal favorite is Dragon Age series by Bioware. I always had more than one playthrough for all the games. I liked to explore all possible routes for the story.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I love Final Fantasy X for its intense, action-packed gameplay with unique and memorable character designs making the gaming experience worthwhile! It was a lovely, fresh kick to the senses when I played it for the first time and reminded me that games can have such an impact at a deep emotional level.

overcast

Reaction score
I think there are too many names to give away here. I have been playing many japanese RPGs and I don't even remember their names. The reaosn being a lot of them are hard to even pronounce. If you exclude Asian RPGs like this then you have Zelda, Final Fantasy and many other similar RPG games.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
If it's just a matter of preference, then the RPG that I've liked the most is Dark Souls (an action-adventure RPG, sure, but an RPG nonetheless). As for the game that took to heart the definition of "RPG" the most, I'd have to go with either Skyrim or KotOR. Both games take character customization to great extent, and the universes they take place are finely crafted to constantly reinforce the feeling of immersion (or, in other terms, roleplaying). It's all about choices with them.

thart

Reaction score
Dark Cloud is a very underplayed game. The story is basic, but interesting. The characters are pretty neat, and there are no stock NPC; each have their own story. The gameplay was pretty unique as well.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Skyrim blew my mind when I played it. I was a one handed sword warrior with a shield, got bored halfway through and started magic, and it's like you are trying to learn a new game all over again. You can be whatever you want, and if you put enough time into it, you'll be great at it. So much time spent for those games that I really wish I could play it again for the first time just to experience the game all over again.

I found Skyrim really amazing too! My character is a conjurer and it is just really fun to roam around the map and find random events happening. Sometimes I immerse myself too much in the game time goes by so fast! I haven't really got around to finishing the main storyline though as I tend to wander off taking on random side quests :D

airfightermax

Reaction score

I found Skyrim really amazing too! My character is a conjurer and it is just really fun to roam around the map and find random events happening. Sometimes I immerse myself too much in the game time goes by so fast! I haven't really got around to finishing the main storyline though as I tend to wander off taking on random side quests :D

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I know I keep mentioning it in many forums, but Skyrim would have to be my favorite under this category. I loved the mods, the quests, the occasional magic weapons I could find, and the never-ending surprises on the road. I also liked the challenge of constantly improving and trying to max out my skill sets. In this way, my character's focus could evolve in different ways during the gameplay. I also enjoyed developing my Stealth tactics because I began the game as a bit of a "tank", always charging in devil-may-care.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Conjurer = dead bodies, summoner = atronach, right? I tried a conjurer build before but I find that you needing dead bodies for a fighter was really inconvenient, and summoning an ice atronach to tank or a lightning atronach to help you take down a dragon is much easier, and when their duration expire, all you gotta do is point to the ground and summon another one. Much less complicated than having to save dead bodies during dragon fights.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
For nostalgia's sake, one of my favorite RPG games is Dungeon Siege 2. It's more a dungeon-crawler mix, but I put a lot of time into it as a kid and it's still one of my favorite to this day. Needless to say, Oblivion is also one of my top RPG games. Something about Cyrodiil really hit a chord with me as did the soundtrack of the game. I got lost in the world of Tamriel hours at a time every day after school. Sometimes I miss those days!

ZXD22

Reaction score
I loved super Mario superstar saga. Must say that was one of the best RPG mario games I have played since Mario RPG for the SNES. The cut scenes were funny, game play was interactive, and the replay factor was immensely great!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I know I keep mentioning it in many forums, but Skyrim would have to be my favorite under this category. I loved the mods, the quests, the occasional magic weapons I could find, and the never-ending surprises on the road. I also liked the challenge of constantly improving and trying to max out my skill sets. In this way, my character's focus could evolve in different ways during the gameplay. I also enjoyed developing my Stealth tactics because I began the game as a bit of a "tank", always charging in devil-may-care.
Man, I wasted a ton of hours on Skyrim when I first played it. And when I thought I played everything that is to be played on that game, I read online about quests in the vanilla game that I never even knew since I've never been to some areas apparently. It was an endless adventure and when you start to get bored? You can always just start a new game and do it all over again. Incredibly fun stuff.