• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best deal?

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
What's the best deal you remember getting for a game? Where did you get this deal?

I can't remember for how much but I know I got a really good deal on bioshock infinite. I think $5 or something on steam. Also I just got Dark Souls: Prepare to Die edition for $5 on amazon. Figured it was about time lol

Sharon

Reaction score
I remember I bought The Sims 3 Deluxe Edition for $9 at a local bookstore. I was hesitant about buying it because I wasn't sure if it would work with its original key and everything. The cashier insisted that they I could always bring it back though if it didn't work so I bought it. That deal felt like a steal because it did work! ;)

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
Humble Bundles are the greatest deals I've ever gotten on games. Get hella games (sometimes triple A) for like $5.

sapett

Reaction score
I have found some good deals on eBay. I've gotten several older Battlefield, Call of Duty, and GTA titles for under $10, with free shipping. The good deals exist, but you do have to be willing to search for them. I love to find a good deal.

AmenoKaji

Reaction score
I got a lot of good deals from Gamestop. I forget what game I was originally buying but they didn't let the transaction go through, so I complained to support and they gave me a $10 off promo code. But for whatever reason the promo code had infinite uses!! So I pretty much could buy any game that cost $11 (for some reason it would go negative in value if it wasn't 11, then it would go down to $1). So I got Dishonored, Dark Souls, Walking Dead and Final Fantasy XIV when it was on sale. I had a good haul, that code lasted for quite awhile. I do wonder if I got someone fired because of it lol.

pwarbi

Reaction score
To be honest if there's a game out that I really want I tend to not really bother looking at the price, I'll just get it from the first shop I go in.

I have noticed that there's a few decent deals on the PS store these days, if your a PS+ member they offer decent discounts on games, sometimes the newer titles aswell.

Obi

Reaction score
Humble Bundles are the greatest deals I've ever gotten on games. Get hella games (sometimes triple A) for like $5.

I second that, I paid something like $3.50 to get Arkham Asylum and Arkham CIty GOTY, along with Scribblenauts Unlimited and all the F.E.A.R games if I remember correctly. They do amazing deals, you can pay like $20 and still be getting them at half price.

Nemesysbr

Reaction score
I second the humble bundles. Pretty much every bundle feels like robbery.

Kaitara

Reaction score
Steam sales often have amazing sales going on. I got the entire 3 seasons of Sam & Max for $15 or so, I think that might have been the best deal I got there - however there are a TON of great deals during their big seasonal sales and I'm sure I've forgotten some with how many games I've bought there...

beastmaster184

Reaction score
The best deals are going on xbox one as the backwards comp is wonderful and you can get 2 to 3 titles for the price of one with over 100 titles coming to the xbox one in the next year as with pc games i do like pc gaming but it gets expensive and something breaks you are paying for it

Adel.S

Reaction score
I was extremely lucky to get Battle Field Bad Company 2 for 0.99$ on origin. I had this game on Xbox 360 long time ago and wanted to have it on PC as well, but It was around 15$ so I gave up. Later on, I logged in origin and went to the store and saw that it's 0.99$. Luck was on my side that day since I rarely check origin's store for games.

Jay90

Reaction score
My best deal was buying a used COD: MW3 on ebay. What i do now is sell my used games on ebay, and just buy another used one. I don't feel like paying full price for a new game. Makes no difference to me. Gamestop is overpriced too.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I bought from one of the sites that sell used things. It's sort of like eBay where you can list your used things from cars to games. Anything you want. I came across this guy and I got GTA V (was brand new at the time, just came out), Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and Skyrim for 45 euros.

Still, to this day I don't know why he sold it so cheap.. even right now you can sell Skyrim and GTA V for around 20 euros each easily. Maybe he just wanted quick money.

lunarsilkdragon

Reaction score
I payed 2$ for Pokémon Silver for Gameboy Color back in the day (from a friend). It might be my most played game to this day, so I'd say it was a really good deal.

GingerGoddess

Reaction score
I went to Gamestop to see the price of Dynasty Warriors 8 that had just been released, sadly I couldn't afford it at the time so I bought a different Dynasty Warriors for $10. When I got home I opened the game to play it and inside the case was Dynasty Warriors 8! I couldn't believe it and, while probably not ethical, I kept it.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I got CS:GO for $2, bought it from a friend. He bought 2 keys from the Counter Strike Humble Bundle and I wasn't able to get one since I haven't started using Steam at that time, so I'm lucky that he sold it to me, and I told him that I'll owe him one for it.

Robbie626

Reaction score
I think the best deal I got was free to purchase a rare used game for a PlayStation 2 is Freedom Fighter by trading in some games I do not play anymore.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I have bought some games on Ebay for 5 dollars, but also I have change some games for other ones, but it is not a good good deal like buying one.

troslim

Reaction score
I got CIV 5 with all dlc some time ago for about $5, well worth the money if you ask me. You can just keep playing that game, so awesome!