• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Bad buys

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
This has happened a few times with me. The fake, and attractive advertising videos and pictures are the underlying reason. The videos are so well made that anyone can easily become fascinated by them. But the hard reality stands far away.

After having so many learning experiences in life, now I buy a game only after I have played it once or twice.
Hype videos and trailers always let you down. It's just a way for game companies to sell pre-orders and make profit even before they release a game. It's pretty disappointing too that the "gameplay footage" they show in E3 or other shows are not even close to what actually appears in the game. They really should stop doing that and just show their hand without adding lies into them.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Hype videos and trailers always let you down. It's just a way for game companies to sell pre-orders and make profit even before they release a game. It's pretty disappointing too that the "gameplay footage" they show in E3 or other shows are not even close to what actually appears in the game. They really should stop doing that and just show their hand without adding lies into them.
I really wish what you said will become a reality some day. But sadly the present scenario is really bad and buying a new but good game is no less than a challenge.

The trailers and advertisements are always different from the actual picture. So it is better to gather reviews from friends and Internet before buying a game.

Deathisue

Reaction score
That happened to me with a game call Too Human in the Xbox 360, they promised a lot and when i just go and buy the game like a inocent one, the game was to bad, wont worth the money, for me was a terrible game and still it is.