• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

At what age did you get your first console/PC?

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Oh boy. I can still remember the time i opened up my first Nintendo family computer. It was heaven. 1990.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly when, but I think it was around 1999-2000, so I was around 10 years old. I got my first PC, wasn't nothing exceptional but I didn't understood anything about gaming or computers at that time of course. I don't quite remember the first game I played on it - probably it was The Jungle Book, that old Disney platform nobody remembers.
Then, after like 3-4 years I got my first console, the old but not forgotten PS1. On this console my career began with Rayman 2: the great escape. Awesome game.

Oh the nostalgia...

Deen

Reaction score
I got my first pc at 20 years. It was given to me by my father. I use it to work on assignments in school and later on I got Grand theft auto, san andreas installed. Then Need for speed, most wanted. I have also installed halo 3 but later deleted it because I didn't enjoy one bit of it.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
The very first console I got was at the age of 5-6 years old.. It was an old ATARI version, I have no idea what kind it was, or how it is called, but it is the one that came only with a huge stick and a red button next to it. It was centuries ago, but I still remember perfectly, good times!!

nickdamon

Reaction score
Somewhere in the late 90s, I was 5 to 7, and got a Sega Genesis for Easter. That was the day that changed my life, man. I played a lot of Road Rash, Sonic, and football. I also remember being totally into a Jurassic Park game haha.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I got my first PC at the age of 10 years. My father gave it to me for learning purposes but soon it ended up as a gaming console.

I remember playing games continuously for hours. That was a time when I was addicted to card games and played all versions of Solitaire and Free cell.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I got my first console when I was 6, it was Play Station 1, it was a gift for graduating 1st grade. I got my first PC when I was 17. I just realized that it took me 11 years to get a PC.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think I had mine around 13, but that was quite an old PC. Was pretty terrible in specs too. But I played some of the most memorable games I've ever played there. I finished Half life and Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2. Half life was even a bit laggy for me at times, there were moments that the fps would drop lmao. Red alert 2 was amazing for me though, I still listen to the soundtrack up to now.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I don't know at what exactly age I got my PlayStation one, but I remember that I loved that console, it was my first love. I was like 5 or 6 years old when I played my first game, it was MLB 2000, it was very good, but then I bought so many games that I loved, Harry Potter, Pepsiman, Spiderman, Dragon Ball, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, I think that it was the best console!

StolenKid

Reaction score
My dad bought me my first PlayStation when I was 7, for my birthday, I remember my emotion, my first game was Crash Bandicoot.

MoBet79

Reaction score
Wow! That was a long time ago! We had a Magnavox when I was a kid. I didn't get to play it too much as it was my dad's. I think I only remember playing it once. Then when my brother was 6 and I was 12 he got the original NES. All the consoles were bought for my brother. I never got things like that. I did play for hours on it with my brother once I was allowed to touch it after the newness wore off.

The first console that was actually mine and that I paid my own money for was a Playstation 2. And not long after that, I got a Gameboy.

valy

Reaction score
I am sure that most of you will laugh when they will hear that i had one for the first time few year ago, exactly in 2007. Even if i have 40 years i still love to play games you know?

reginafalange

Reaction score
Well, we got a console when I was like 7 years old and I said "we" cause it was shared with my cousins. It was a Super Nintendo and I remember we had only two cassettes, Mario Bros World and Paper Boy. Both were very cool games and I remember spending a lot of time trying to figuring them out lol,

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I used to play with my uncle's PS1 back when I was around 8 years old. Played my first PC when I was 10. I got my own PC (albeit a rather subpar one) when I was 12, and I spent most of my savings trying to upgrade it to what it is today. It was exhausting at times when you install a game and it does not meet the requirements, or when you check a game you want and see that the requirements are nowhere near your system's. But now I have an up-to-date gaming rig, so I guess I'm a bit compensating for all those childhood disappointments I had. I played those games too now that my PC is over and beyond the requirements.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I got my first console when I was 6, it was Play Station 1, it was a gift for graduating 1st grade. I got my first PC when I was 17. I just realized that it took me 11 years to get a PC.
You passed 11 years of life with one gaming console. That is pretty good on your part. I mean to say that you were a very content kid. I got my PC at the age of 10 years apart from all the m consoles which I kept buying. My father was also a gaming addict and this can be a reason behind it.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
You passed 11 years of life with one gaming console. That is pretty good on your part. I mean to say that you were a very content kid. I got my PC at the age of 10 years apart from all the m consoles which I kept buying. My father was also a gaming addict and this can be a reason behind it.

I got a PlayStation 2 a few years after. But yeah, I think the reason why I'm contented is because I live in a country where there's a lot of computer shops where you can rent and play there. And I'm always there when the era of online games were starting. Lucky for you, you have your dad to play with, I'm the only one who likes games in my family.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I got a PlayStation 2 a few years after. But yeah, I think the reason why I'm contented is because I live in a country where there's a lot of computer shops where you can rent and play there. And I'm always there when the era of online games were starting. Lucky for you, you have your dad to play with, I'm the only one who likes games in my family.
Gaming at shops was such a fun. I remember collecting money so as to be able to play those games with friends.

Yeah I was lucky to have a game loving father. I love to recall the period when be spent hours playing games together.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I do remember my first gaming console was play station 2 on my 17th birthday. Thanks to my uncle who brought me as a gift. Before that used to play games on PC and like at the age of 14 I started playing computer games online. When i first played in play station it was completely awkward for me but playing regularly made me fall I love with my console. But I do still love playing in my computer.

thart

Reaction score
The first one was super nintendo, i was 7 that time. And the second one was PS 1 then PC.

SashaS

Reaction score
I received my first console, a PlayStation 2, in 4th grade. I remember it was when my parents got back together after getting into an argument that lead to them splitting up. My stepfather tried really hard to make it up to us and he knew I've always wanted a console. I experienced so much joy when I first saw it that I cried, because I played console games before but I'd never owned one and it was such a magical thing at the time.

I was given a small, cheap HP laptop for Christmas in 6th grade and that was also quite amazing. I never really looked at it as a gaming device until. few years later when the PS2 left something to be desired. I was pretty disappointed to realize there was such thing as system requirements and that you needed to shell out a bit more cash to get a machine that could actually playing nice, modern games, but I could still run simple stuff like Minecraft and that made me happy enough at the time.

Playing mobile games for the first time, which I believe I did in 8th grade on my little iPhone 4 was also quite a magical experience. Being able to interact with games that looked as good as those on my PlayStation with a touch screen was pretty awesome for the time.

Its funny how today I feel little joy when getting a new game, that sort of foreign, magical experience is gone.