• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

At what age did you get your first console/PC?

Corzhens

Reaction score
To be honest, I never had a console of my own. I only play with my friends who have computers at home. In the earlier years of computer game, I was fortunate to have a classmate who has an Atari box that is connected to the tv. We would be playing after classes and it was really lots of fun including the teasing. When I got a job, my work took me away from playing and I remember it was Super Mario that was a craze. I have played it quite a lot whenever we would visit my husband’s brother who has that software installed on their home computer.

Nickchick

Reaction score
The first console I played was the original NES. My father (we won't speak much of him though) had bought it and it was one of the few things I ended up keeping of his. I got rid of it though I suppose because the games were too primitive. I like old school (NES original Playstation but that was just too old school). The first one I bought myself was the Wii and that was just this year unless you count the PC which I had bought about 3 years ago or so.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
Well, I got my first console back in the days when I was just a five years old kiddo, I remember it was the PSone, it came along with a snowbike game which was actually really fun to play, especially when it was a versus. I also got my first PC back in 2008, I was a little older back then, it was a Lenovo PC which was really good for my tastes from back then, nothing too powerful but it was good enough to play Counter-Strike, what about you?
My first game console was the super NES. I was about 12 at the time. I was in love with that game system. I played it all the time. My favorite game was street fighter 2, that and super Mario Bros was the only games I owned for the first year that I had the game system.

ulfhedin

Reaction score
I was 13 years old, when my family got an Atari. I remember being very excited, but a little disappointed, when I actually saw that the graphics where not the same as in the arcade. However, I played the Atari as much as I could and enjoyed every game we received for it. Games like Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Asteroids, Dragon Fire, Missile Command, Pit Fall, etc... Ah... Good times.

kingrichez

Reaction score
My first ever console was the sega mega drive 2, I cant remember exactly how old I was but I remember I got it for xmas.

Sino989

Reaction score
I got my very first own console when I was bout 8 or 9. Well, it wasn't just mine I had to share with my little my brother. It was just a white Xbox 360 and I loved that thing. I don't own it anymore but I had a lot of good memories with that Xbox.

christopher murray

Reaction score
I got my first console when I age of 13.Very first time playing on my own console, however I still got it.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Haha I was young. I got my first console in 2002 at 4 years old. It was a Nintendo Gamecube I thoroughly enjoyed. Somewhere during that time I also got a Nintendo DS for portable gaming. At that time I hadn't been introduced PC gaming yet so this was all I really knew.

anadrotowski

Reaction score
I was about five or six before my brother's let me play their NES or SNES, but then my first ever console of my own was the N64 shortly after. My brothers and I shared all the consoles together and took turns, or tried to anyway lol.

Torch3d

Reaction score
My parents never liked video games so I only got my first console at 17 and that was a PS3 that by that time was already considered older. After playing a few times on it I was hooked and been gaming for the last 12 years.

dbwv

Reaction score
My very first was an Atari 2600, which was the ONLY console that existed at the time. This was the early 80s, several years before Nintendo ever released a console. It was such a revolutionary concept to have games at your house....before that, it was only the arcade where you could play games. I remember how amazing it was not to have to restrict your play time based on the quarters in your pocket.

Then, around 1986, I got my very first PC. It was DOS and I learned how to write it at like 8 years old. Anyway, I had gotten a TON of games for it on floppy disk --and they were much better graphics than Atari-- so it was a huge step up.

rebeccah

Reaction score
My first real console was a PlayStation 2 that I got for Christmas when I was about 11 or 12. I'd only had Nintendo handhelds before that, though I don't know if they really count as consoles per se. I remember I'd begged my parents for it because I wanted to play Kingdom Hearts really bad and my mom finally acquiesced. I had this teeny tiny square television I used to play it on and to this day I don't know if I've sunk as many hours into a game as I did into that game. I still have my PS2. I have so many wonderful memories with it I don't know if I could ever get rid of it. I'm just lucky it still works!

ValX

Reaction score
I think the first ever console I had was when I was about 7 or 8, I can't remember. It was Nintendo Gameboy. It was just all the hype back then, and my parents bought it for me. It was just released, so it was really expensive and I really regret buying it just because my parents had to spend a lot of money on a console that I didn't really use for long. But the first PC I had was when I was 5 or 6, and there was a racing game that I really loved and played literally everyday.

Harrysung

Reaction score
I got my first desktop PC from my parents around age 10. That day started my journey into the world of computer and PC gaming. The first game I played was road rash.

Denis_P

Reaction score
The first console I every played/owned was the SNES, back in 1997 when I was five years old. It was a bit late for the SNES era, but my parents didn't have much money for food at the time, let alone video games. However my aunt and uncle were quite wealthy and had recently gotten their kids a PlayStation. The kids weren't much interested in their SNES anymore so it ended up being handed down to me along with a library of about 20 games.

Safe to say it was one of the best memories of my childhood, and sparked a life long love affair with gaming.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
My family's always had consoles. I remember playing a Nintendo 64 when I was in preschool. The first console I remember getting really excited about/being specifically gifted to me was a Wii.

Cauohashi

Reaction score
My first console was a Super Nintendo, I think I was 7 or 8 years old, this is a long time ago.
I remember winning it as a Christmas present and it was the best Christmas present I could win.
My brothers and I spent all of our childhood playing Super Nintendo.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I think it was when I had 5 it was a Pentium 3 PC that had like the best specs at that time, and me and my brother used to play along with my father a game called Combat Flight Simulator that came with a joystick, really fun to push the "Drop Bomb" button when the combat jet was still on the aircraft carrier haha.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I believe I was like 4 when I got to use (not my own) my dads PC. We got one of those Dell PC's and I remembered playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 as my first game. The game legit game with a high school textbook sized manual with a ton of different information in it with all this other stuff.

That moment got me forever into two things: Aviation and Gaming.

Strykstar

Reaction score
My first console was the original NES, which came with a cartridge that had Super Mario Bros., Tetris and I think a soccer game that I don't remember the name but was LOT of fun.
At this stage I think I must have been around 5 or 6 years old.