• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

At what age did you get your first console/PC?

Casiox

Reaction score
Well, I got my first console back in the days when I was just a five years old kiddo, I remember it was the PSone, it came along with a snowbike game which was actually really fun to play, especially when it was a versus. I also got my first PC back in 2008, I was a little older back then, it was a Lenovo PC which was really good for my tastes from back then, nothing too powerful but it was good enough to play Counter-Strike, what about you?

Steamroller

Reaction score
I think when I was 5 years old,got a generic famicom chinese imitation with 999 games included, although It was actually a cheap marketing gimmick since most of these games were hacked clones of tetris only just there to fill the gap. Indeed, a bit awkward that also my first experience with videogames was my first contact with blatant piracy, but my father isn't a gamer and videogame consoles were not that popular in the nineties outside of United States, western Europe or Japan, so he was just buying some newfangled stuff which He knew nothing and bought it for a far cheaper prize compared to an original Nintendo Famicom.

DayTime

Reaction score
I mean I was brought up with a PC so I guess the answer is a couple days after birth? :^) But if we are being more serious I got a V-Tec V-Smile when I was 5 :^) But if we are being more serious I got an Xbox 360 when I was 11. :^)

Dowls

Reaction score
I personally had a PS1 (had 2 in my house but they were accessible to everyone) and had my own Gameboy advance around the age of 5 years old. I remember the days where I rushed back home to play Toy Story racer, grinding my way to the top of the toy blocks completing races and mario kart-esque destruction derbies. Fair to say since then, I have not stopped. In-fact I'd say I am playing more now than ever before.

taco

Reaction score
I was about 9 or 10 and it was the original NES with a sweet copy of Zelda. About a year later I got my first PC which was an Apple IIe, the ones with the big ole floppy and the modem that you actually placed the phone into. Wow those were the days!

gamer2x

Reaction score
I was 12 years old and in school and that is when I got my first console. It was playstation 2 and even though since then I have changed consoles but still have a playstation 2 slim as some of the games on playstation 2 are simply a classic.

Some of the games which I still play are ctr and smackdown 2. Game developers haven't been able to mimic ctr on the latest consoles even.

rootle

Reaction score
I had one of those crappy consoles with cassettes as early as about 3. Used to play duck hunt and Mario as well as other stuff. I got a gameboy, given to me by a friend when I was around 9/10 years old. I was incredibly excited and it was very nice of him. At about 13 I was bought a PSP by my parents. Used till I was about 18. I got my own laptop about a year after that.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well the first console that I got to myself was the Nintendo 64. I got it for Christmas when I was about six or seven years old, and it was the coolest thing ever at the time. I still have vivid memories or sitting in the basement playing it with all of my family, who were amazed at the graphics. It is funny to think about now, given all the advancements, but I am sure that kids these days get that same feeling when they get the new ones. Thanks for sharing and bringing back a good memory.

AnonLu

Reaction score
I think I was about seven years old, when I first got a DS Lite. I played that thing to death. Then I got a 360 when I was eleven, and technically my brother and I were supposed to share it, but, I played it mostly. I got a 3DS when I was twelve, and then didn't really play games for about two years. Here I am now, with quite a few gaming systems, and getting into PC gaming!

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I am now 21 years old now, and I never "owned" my first console until I was 12, back in 2004. The original xbox was my first one that I owned myself.
However, I had always had consoles in the house as my family members always had them. Starting way back from the SNES and up.

fcuco

Reaction score
I actually don't remember, one of my earliest memories is playing with the Atari 2600 that my parents had at home, actually I believe that this console predated my arrival to the house! Those games were, and continue to be, quite fun! So, I've been playing video games for a long time. My first actual console that was bought for me was the original NES and I was like 10 or 11. It was pretty out of the blue that my dad decided to buy me one. I still remember the delightful smell of all the packaging when I was unboxing the whole thing.

OutOfSpoons

Reaction score
The first time I interacted with a console was when I was around two, and I was bugging the crap out of my dad so he had me play Kingdom Hearts on the PS2. My stepdad also owned a PS2, so I was pretty much born into having video games around. I've never actually owned a console myself, as all the consoles kind of belonged to the family. All I know for sure that I own is my PC.

NotCasual

Reaction score
About 9 years ago, I thought it was a good idea to ask for an Xbox 360 for my birthday. Of course, if I could go back I'd slap myself in the face and tell myself to get PC parts instead and learn to code. But can't do that now, can I?

I still use it to this day to play some of the classics, such as Assassin's Creed. I'd be playing for a couple hours, turn the thing off, pet him on the hard drive and whisper in his fan holes: ''You've done well, my friend. If you wish, you may leave this world now.''

mastrSkyWalker

Reaction score
I can barely remember getting my first console. It may even have been my aunt's. After the NES fried in an electrical storm though, I definitely remember the next Christmas. I was five years old, and I got a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64. I played the hell out of that console. I played it for probably the next 10 years before I finally ended up putting it in a drawer and not touching it. I tried pulling it out every once in a while, but the graphics and gameplay didn't age very well.

Then, I watched someone speed run Mario 64 a year ago. I knew I had to start doing that. It completely changed the way I played the game as a kid, and it became a ton of fun again. It's probably my most played console, especially when you combine the time I played as a kid with how much I've played it in the last year. Heck, I've started playing Smash 64 competitively now, something I really wanted to do back when I was little and couldn't find anyone that could beat me.

-hg- Andrew Wilson

Reaction score
It wasnt mine to own, but starting when I was 3 I was introduced to the internet. At that time I played flash games and shit, nothing serious. Around 4 or 5 years old I got into MMO gaming and other things like that. No idea when I played my first shooter. I remember getting my first PC around 5 and it had a whopping 2GB of storage.

Hoppit

Reaction score
I was about 12 when my parents decided to go out and buy an Atari ST. At the time gaming was still in it's infancy and Atari/Amiga had just taken things to the next level after the Commodor 64 and Spectrum era. I have to be honest and say that having one of these was not only unusual amongst my friends but it made me one of the most popular kids in my street. All the neighbourhood kids used to be knocking on my door to come and play on it. Sadly not long after this the NES and Sega Master System came out and things stepped up another gear again. I still hold massively fond memories of my old Atari though, and not only that it is the very reason why I've been using PCs since around 2000, which has led me to be naturally adept on computers.

lunarsilkdragon

Reaction score
I can't remember the exact age, but I started out playing a lot on my friend's PSOne over at his house before I got my own PS2 when i was about 7 or 8.

Referal

Reaction score
At the age of 5 I believe and my second one which was a Wii on my 12th Birthday!

dap1900

Reaction score
When I was 5, I got Red Alert as my first game. I played it on PC. I can't recall any more detail precisely now, but the game was very fun to play. I played all day long. I finished all campaigns. I was alone, and I played single player only.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
The PS2 and original Xbox were my first major consoles. I've had a Wii and GameCube during that time too. Must've been about 8 or 9.