• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Assassins Creed: Unity fail?

jurew2

Reaction score
A lot of people including me think that they released the game prematurely and that they should release it when they fixed the majority of the bugs. I also think that they could do a better job porting the game, so that you could run the game on an average PC. What is your opinion about this?

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
With its horrible performance on even the best PCs, graphical glitches and horrible launch, I think it is the biggest flop Ubisoft has ever had. It was a nice save, however, to give out a free game to those that bought their season pass, and also give the dlc away for free, even though this won't save them completely.

Ridge

Reaction score
They've done a few things to make nice since Unity's initial release. Plus people still bought it in droves, so I don't think Ubisoft can consider it a failure.

Squigly

Reaction score
Ubisoft definitely made a terrible PC port, nothing new from the publisher behind Far Cry and CoD as well. Bugs and optimization aside I think that the game was pretty good as another installment in the AC series.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
I was actually thinking about getting this game for the PC. It's interesting to hear all the opinions about the performance. Are there any good Assassin's Creed port out there?

Jafool

Reaction score
I've heard alot of bad things about this game. Which is extremely disappointing. I really like the assassin's creed series and I own almost every single game (some of them on multiple platforms). Most of them are great and I've really enjoyed them. I am wondering however just how long this series can drag on for...

In any case, I hope they get the performance issues sorted out for PC gamers. If not they suck.

Ridge

Reaction score
I've played this game for a couple hours in the last couple days and haven't noticed any issues. The patches may have fixed things..

Ridge

Reaction score
I've played this game for a couple hours in the last couple days and haven't noticed any issues. The patches may have fixed things..

vespid49

Reaction score
I think that Assassin's Creed Unity has definitely flopped. Firstly, on release, it was completely broken had had a variety of graphical and gameplay glitches. This prevented a lot of people from buying it later on. Secondly, the PC port was atrocious, With even more glitches then the console version, while also having a terrible frame rates. It's really sad to hear, Because I have actually been looking forward to playing this game for quite a long time. At this point, Even if they have patched up all the glitches, I am so disappointed that I will probably not pick up the game or play it. If Ubisoft has gone to the point where they have turned me off from playing it almost a year after it's release, I can pretty much conclude that it has been a failure.