• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Assassins Creed: Black Flag

Martin

Reaction score
This is the game which I have just completed, love the game a hell of a lot and will probably be doing side quests and maybe even playing it again at some point. I love the naval combat and think it is perhaps the most fun game in the Assassins Creed franchise so far. What do you guys think of the game?

Hugop

Reaction score
I saw my friends playing it, I wonder how they did it without making most players lag.
The graphics are wow, the movements too.

Martin

Reaction score
I saw my friends playing it, I wonder how they did it without making most players lag.
I agree, pretty impressive visuals for sure. Worth a play in my opinion if you ever need or want something to play :)

Michael

Reaction score
When it first came out, I was DYING to play the game. After months, I visited my cousins in NC and played it on their Xbox one. It was quite the joy indeed :)
I do quite enjoy the graphics.
I agree, pretty impressive visuals for sure. Worth a play in my opinion if you ever need or want something to play :)
And the other AC games.

Dabstin

Reaction score
One of the best AC games to come yet. I don't like the recent failures of AC Unity and Syndicate and I really hope the next one brings something new to the franchise like Black Flag did. I mean, pirates? Who wouldn't like that. Unlike AC3 hunting and exploring in this game felt meaningful. You could gather materials for things to craft, you could run after 'shanties' to hear your crew sing them as you sail, etc etc... There's so much good and so little bad in this game. I love it.

CemeteryGates23

Reaction score
The last Assassin's Creed I played, though for no reason other than zero interest in Rogue and no new consoles. It's my favorite in the franchise, very diverse and tons of fun gameplay mechanics, I thought it was very well made and I'm pleasantly surprised to see people talking about it, because it seemed to have gone mostly under the radar for gamers who aren't hardcore AC fans.

PackmanHD

Reaction score
It is a very impressive game, and is also the last one I was actually interested enough by to play. In my opinion this is the last good AC game. Its impossible not to mention how stunning this game is visually, and it actually had pretty interesting characters. It was also pulled off really well considering the whole style of it was very different to previous Assassin's Creed games.

It was an improvement over AC3 and is definitely better than any recent games in the franchise.

NotCasual

Reaction score
I did love the game. But for some reason, it felt a little bit dead once I completed the story, even though I had tons of things left to do. So I never really finished it completely. I'm actually quite sad it had to be this way.

Playing AC3 after AC4 was a breath of fresh air. It felt good to play a story based AC again. I don't really understand all the negative reviews though, the game is pretty good. I also expected Connor to be much more annoying than he is. Poor guy, he's been through a lot. :depressed:

pwarbi

Reaction score
I've played all of the Assassins Creed games at one time or another, and I think that Black Flag is about the best of the bunch. It is a series that I have enjoyed, but I just haven't got into it as much as other people have, and while I would recommend the games, I don't kno if I'd be happy to pay full price for them and I'd rather wait till they dropped in price a bit.

If you are into those sort of games then I don't think there's any better, but if you just wan't to try the games out the they can be a little overpriced. Having said that, I think most games are these days.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
This is the game which I have just completed, love the game a hell of a lot and will probably be doing side quests and maybe even playing it again at some point. I love the naval combat and think it is perhaps the most fun game in the Assassins Creed franchise so far. What do you guys think of the game?
I'm a fan of assassin creed, and I still play this game, the graphic are cool, and I enjoyed the story line, I can see this game series continuing on for some time to come, and I was blown away from the movie Assassins creed.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
It's a amazing game, but you know what I think? It's not an Assassin's Creed game, it would have been much much better without being part of the franchise. Just a new, big, IP about pirates! The mechanics were there, the ship battles and ship managements were awesome... the more AC-like parts weren't that good.
It's an amazing pirate game, and an amazing pirate game by itself for sure, anyway.

overcast

Reaction score
I think side quest is the reason many people are going to love the game. I played it one of my friend and we shared the turn every time we had to restart. So that was one way to play the game. It was a good experience overall though. I think for those who like side quest they may find this game really fun.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I remember how fun the game was and it felt so much different from other Assassin's Creed games because of the additional Naval combat and the transportation by the use of your ship. Sometimes I'd just sail aimlessly with the crew singing a shanty and I'd feel like I am there too. Didn't expect that the game itself would be a prequel to previous franchises of the game.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I think it's a good pirates game, sure it is but as an Assasin's Creed doesn't feel very much like one, it seems more like a ripoff, I think it's a great game don't get me wrong, but as a pirate game.