• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Arma3 question

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
I want to buy arma but idk if my computer can run it well. I ran games like fallout 4 and the division at 8fps.

Canadalism

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
Arma 3 is a very demanding game. In my opinion from having over 2,000hrs on it I would suggest a computer a GTX 980 or more as the graphics really fuck frames up.

EDIT: Not to mention a good processor.

ASC

Reaction score
It some times depends on what servers you play on.

For example I have:
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 750
CPU: Intel Core i5 4460
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS
RAM: 16GB DDR3

On "King of the Hill" I get around 30-40 fps on low. That's because it has a lot of action.
On Altis Life/Wasteland I get around 60-70 fps on low. That's because it doesn't have to much action.

Either way, me personally have no problems and love the game.
Play it all the time. :)

Blasty

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
If you can actually run the Division, Then You can definitely run arma 3, I play arma 3 some time and it runs smooth and with awesome fps. I tried to play the division and my graphics card almost broke.

ASC

Reaction score
If you can actually run the Division, Then You can definitely run arma 3, I play arma 3 some time and it runs smooth and with awesome fps. I tried to play the division and my graphics card almost broke.

He ran The Division at 4 fps all low settings.... LOL RIP

DersertedCake

HL2 Super Admin
Reaction score
Arma 3 is a very demanding game. In my opinion from having over 2,000hrs on it I would suggest a computer a GTX 980 or more as the graphics really fuck frames up.

That's very misleading. The game is CPU intensive and heavily relies on it.

Ram and the CPU is where it matters.

The bare minimum for that game for medium/high settings is a pentium overclocked, AMD FX 6300 overclocked, or any low end i5. The game will be very unhappy if you are under 8GB of Ram. It will gladly accept any GTX 700 series card.

What the game loves is a high end i5 to any i7 (Hyperthreading helps a lot). 16GB of Ram is a healthy meal. Any GTX 900 series card won't have trouble with this game.

You won't want to assume a $2,500 computer is needed to make this game playable. If you optimize it in the launcher settings and game files, you won't have any issues.

Georgia/Fragger

IM Server Admin
Reaction score

Meh I think a 970 would do just fine, no need to go to overboard.

Zesty Zebra

HL2 Community Manager
Reaction score
CPU is far more important for arma than a GPU. A GPU gets you pretty looks, but Arma is VERY CPU intensive due to the AI systems etc.

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
So i never got a final answer should i buy it?