• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Arcade games

Hidden308

Reaction score
What are some of the best arcade games have you ever played?

A few for me would probably either be a few different kind of action stickman games. Also one other I forgot the name of it I think it was called Squad Hero Fighters.. I don't remember. :p

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I love Centipede. I love the play of the spinning ball and the high-paced violence and action of the game. It gets my heart pumping and fills me with anticipation--

lindbergh

Reaction score
When I read the title of your thread, It thought you were referring to the "real" arcade games that you see at the mall. But upon reading its content, I realized that you were talking about a category in mobile gaming. This should have been posted in mobile games and not in general gaming.

But anyways, I do play somearcade games on my phone. My current favorite is Hungry Shark Evolution. The game let's you control a shark as you make your way through the ocean and eat everything in your path in order not to starve to death. It's all light hearted fun.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I remember playing Crusin the USA on the arcade system at an arcade up in New Hampshire. The controller was basically a huge car that you actually got to sit in and drive which was pretty sick. Was really fun and had a couple of plays on it.

Thammy

Reaction score
I've never been a fan of arcade games..the only arcade game i gave a try was pinball, which I've not played up to 5 times my whole life. I suppose they are quite boring

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
When I read the title of your thread, It thought you were referring to the "real" arcade games that you see at the mall. But upon reading its content, I realized that you were talking about a category in mobile gaming. This should have been posted in mobile games and not in general gaming.

But anyways, I do play somearcade games on my phone. My current favorite is Hungry Shark Evolution. The game let's you control a shark as you make your way through the ocean and eat everything in your path in order not to starve to death. It's all light hearted fun.
Yeah I thought "arcade" referred to token games in gaming centers too. That's why I was confused when I didn't recognize the games they were talking about. Last "arcade" game I played was a Street Fighter game I think, and since whenever you lost you had to insert a token (which was expensive), I mostly just watched other people play. It sucks, but hey, it's growing up poor :(

tinrmz15

Reaction score
Arcade games that I will forever love and remember would be: MARVEL vs CAPCOM and TEKKEN. I still play them when I go to gaming centers at the mall and the controls now is the same like before (1 big joy stick and 5-6 buttons). I like it because you can play with random strangers and can continuously play with other players that want to beat your winning streak. I would be depressed if they remove these games because it also serves as a living proof of what we have before that future generations must appreciate especially that we are in the generation of ipads and smartphones

gamergal

Reaction score
I like Mortal Kombat and TMNT. They are both good arcade games. I have played them a lot during my childhood. I still remember that there was a videogame parlour where we used to play these. I used to compete with my friends. That's when I was given the title gamergirl by my friends.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I have to confess, I'm one of those goofy Godzilla fans. I love B-rate science fiction and horror movies, and Godzilla is the undisputed king of that genre. Because of that I've always been drawn to any video game that lets me be a giant monster. There used to be an arcade game called King of the Monsters that was clearly a Godzilla rip off. It was a tournament fighter with several choices of oversized creatures who duke it out in various Japanese cities. The thing is, it's a pretty high quality game! It's not going to unseat Street Fighter or anything, but it's worth a play for any classic video game fans out there. There's a pretty good home port on the Super Nintendo, as well.

Last edited:

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot--I could play Galaga for hours on end, if I had the endless quarters or tokens, back in the day...

James Arthur

Reaction score
I still love playing some of the old classic arcade games. They bring back so many memories of my childhood

valy

Reaction score
Hi, some of the best arcade games I have ever played was the Pit fighter, Mortal Kombat, and the Virtual cop. I don't play arcade games anymore, now I 'm playing more FPS games.

WarVet

Reaction score
Anyone here a fan of Metal Slug? I loved it back in the day. I remember spending contless nickels of my hard earned money playing it. Must have finished every game in the series more than a few times.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a HUGE game when I was growing up as a kid. It use to be in a movie theater by my house and the neighbor hood kids would line up in droves to play. And we use to have huge competition matches between our selves. I was never that good at the game. But I do know that the movie theater probably could have bought 10k+ copies of the game because they made so much money from it. :smile:

Deathisue

Reaction score
I have a lot of arcade games in my mind, but i going to say the 2 more relevant for me, the first is the Tekken 5, i play it in a cinema with a arcade zone, it was worth of play, the second was the first Soul Calibur, it was very adictive a the medieval theme make me crazy, i use to play that game in a mall near of the house of my grandparents and they gave me a lot of money to spare in that game. that is all i think, there is my 2 favorites arcade games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have a lot of arcade games in my mind, but i going to say the 2 more relevant for me, the first is the Tekken 5, i play it in a cinema with a arcade zone, it was worth of play, the second was the first Soul Calibur, it was very adictive a the medieval theme make me crazy, i use to play that game in a mall near of the house of my grandparents and they gave me a lot of money to spare in that game. that is all i think, there is my 2 favorites arcade games.
I can't believe it's been 13 years since Tekken 5 was released. Holy crap, and Tekken 7 was just released a few months ago. I can't believe it took them that long to transition between titles. Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed would be in their 13th next game by now. But the game really did have a lot of content unlike these games nowadays who release a new version every year. Gotta admire their commitment to creating good games, and not just there for the money.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Hey, technically Star Fox 64 is an arcade game, so I'll go with that one. As for proper arcade games, I think Metal Slug 3 will always hold a special place in my hea-
Wait, what do you mean it's mobile games we're talking about?

Pixie06

Reaction score
I have played some arcade games and some of the best would be Tekken 4 and 5, Street Fighter IV and Terminator Salvation. My favorite has been the Tekken series. I have grown up playing those games with my cousins.

Deathisue

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been 13 years since Tekken 5 was released. Holy crap, and Tekken 7 was just released a few months ago. I can't believe it took them that long to transition between titles. Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed would be in their 13th next game by now. But the game really did have a lot of content unlike these games nowadays who release a new version every year. Gotta admire their commitment to creating good games, and not just there for the money.
What happens is that Bandai Namco is not a company known for take advantage of its customers, they take out quality games when it is due and not always as certain companies that only look for the money, i will not name that companies for the sensitive people., but yes, already have passed 13 years Since Tekken 5 saw the light and even today is a good fighting game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
What happens is that Bandai Namco is not a company known for take advantage of its customers, they take out quality games when it is due and not always as certain companies that only look for the money, i will not name that companies for the sensitive people., but yes, already have passed 13 years Since Tekken 5 saw the light and even today is a good fighting game.
Graphics is perfectly fine too considering it was able to be run by the PS2, a far inferior machine compared to today's standards. Games back then were more about topping one another off instead of releasing a sequel every year for profit. It's a shame, really. But hey, at least Tekken 7 is in the PC (ported finally) and it's a glorious game if I may say so myself.