• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Apps or Video Games?

AndroidOS

Reaction score
Do you think that Apps (on mobile phone systems, like Android and iOS), will eventually become more popular than actual video games? I personally do not think so. Yes, of course apps are always going to be popular with casual gamers, but the problem is that they just aren't big enough for more hardcore gamers. There will always be a large group of people who buy the latest games, and this alone will stop apps from becoming more popular than 'real' games, in my opinion.

Himiko

Reaction score
They both are big, but yes they are going for different people. Apps are for more portable, simple, and fast. You don't have invest so much time in them, as you do with like MMOs or shooters with a learning curve. I say both will live for a long time, they really aren't directly fighting eachother for profit.

Eternal

Reaction score
I don't know if apps will become more popular, but in my opinion, I prefer videos games more than apps.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Apps will never defeat video games, however big they get. Video games will always be here, though I think PC games will eventually overrun consoles.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
Do you think that Apps (on mobile phone systems, like Android and iOS), will eventually become more popular than actual video games? I personally do not think so. Yes, of course apps are always going to be popular with casual gamers, but the problem is that they just aren't big enough for more hardcore gamers. There will always be a large group of people who buy the latest games, and this alone will stop apps from becoming more popular than 'real' games, in my opinion.

I don't think so on my part, I mean, Video games will never die or be replaced.

Hidden308

Reaction score
I don't think so on my part, I mean, Video games will never die or be replaced.

It depends. Do you consider PC games video games or just games? Some people don't consider then video games (not sure why).