• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anyone looking at EverQuest Next?

Zyni

Reaction score
This looks like it's going to be a really fun and interesting game. So much dynamic content. I really hope this one is going to be worth the wait. If it's as great as it sounds so far, I'll be playing this one.

Shimus

Reaction score
Yes. I've played both One, Two, and everything in between (their tabletop RPG sessions, their Books) and now EQ:Next is actually looking very promising if they can come through on what they've promised.

Squigly

Reaction score
I think it would be a really great game so long as they do not succumb to the trend of cash shops and pay-to-win that is plaguing so many MMOs, especially Korean ones, nowadays.

xcredence

Reaction score
Oh my god yes! I'm looking forward to EverQuest Next so much! I've never actually played a previous EverQuest game but I'm super excited for this one just cause of all the great things I've heard about it. The thing I found most exciting about EverQuest Next is that they've kind of hinted at Oculus Rift support, which I think would be amazing!

Architect

Reaction score
EverQuest Next is the only game I'm actually looking forward to playing and putting money into right now. I know it's currently in LandMark and I'm waiting for that to finish up. Also, @xcredence if you're right about that OR support I would love to try it out. EQNext looks promising, which is more than I could have said for ESO. As for cash shops, I don't mind cash shops as long as there is no pay-to-win, I hope there's a good balancing system to start with and nothing OP or UP for players that make the right/wrong choices.

castills

Reaction score
It's nice to be able to play on a phone and pick up at the same spot on desktop. It's still in beta, and last I checked, the mage is the most well-rounded class.

Zyni

Reaction score
I think you might be thinking of another game, @castills. This one was cancelled last year, unfortunately. As far as I know, there hasn't been an effort to resurrect it. I was so looking forward to it too. It sounded like a great game and a lot of fun. It seemed like it would have had great replayability as well.

I'm not really sure what happened to make them quit after working on it for so long. I've always wondered what they end up doing with all the content when they cancel a game.