• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anyone here play Hearthstone?

leahcim132

Reaction score
Hey guys! Wondering if anyone else plays Hearthstone casually or competitively. As of myself, I used to play a lot but due to work and school, I'm not able to play as much anymore. Nowadays I just play casually whenever I can.

Squigly

Reaction score
I've played several CCGs before, and I have to say that I didn't find Hearthstone too appealing. There's a lot of epic and legendary cards locked behind a paywall or loads of grinding, and the game is pretty reliant on luck of the draw.

I'd actually recommend Shadow Era or Mabinogi Duels as alternative tablet CCGs to try out, I find their free-to-play model less of a grind with equally good depth of gameplay.

PSyCHoHaMSTeRza

Reaction score
I play it casually. Never really got above rank 19 though. I mostly just play for the quests. The fact that it is available on mobile as well makes it a nice way to pass the time when you are waiting in a long queue or something.

nytegeek

Reaction score
A lot of stuff is behind a paywall and it is over run with bots lately. If more of the legendary cards were available by crafting or quests without having to shell out money and if the bots were cleaned up I might like it more.

Luddy420

Reaction score
I play Hearthstone casually. I wish I could play competitively but it is amazing how good some of the players are that compete. Just watching a few of them on Twitch quickly discourages me from ever competing! If you ever want to play for fun together though, my battle tag is the same as my forum user name. I could always use new Hearthstone friends!

Hintahai

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I play hearthstone sometimes. Haven't played ranked games alot

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Last time I played was just so I could get a mount in WoW :$

Gladdy

Reaction score
Haha, Jordan. I did too :D and I did the same with Heroes of the Storm. Played just to get the new mount.

Anyway, I did play Hearthstone for quite some time but that was at least a year ago. I really loved the game when it first came out. It was my first card type of game. The best thing for me it was the fact that it was FREE. I even watched all of the tournaments - was so funny when one of the pro players miscalculated lethal damage.

Now lately, it feels like it's gotten too much into the ''pay to win'' formula so I stopped playing. Not really interested in spending money on it.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I played for a week, got addicted, spent a lot of time building my deck. Then I got busy and haven't played since then, it was a few months ago. I might revisit it soon though.

Sino989

Reaction score
I have never once played heartstone a day in my life but I have always wanted to because I have always thought that it looked cool but I just haven't gotten around to playing it :/

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I considered playing it a few times but never got to it. Maybe if I'd try I'd get addicted too, but right now I don't feel like it. Not my type of game.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I don't play it but I heard a lot about it. All my friends at school play it. I think I will buy it.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
I downloaded it out of nostalgia, not to mention back when it came out there was a sudden craze of deck games along playstores.
Pretty entertaining at first, I can't deny that... But, as every other game does, it gets pretty boring when you can't access to the good yet pricey stuff.
Ended up deleting it after a few weeks. Might give it another try one of these days though!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I play Gwent, if the profile pic isn't enough of a clue that I'm a huge Witcher 3 fan. I actually didn't even consider playing it in my first playthrough. I figure, the story of W3 is so interesting I wouldn't even consider playing a mini game while playing since I want to know what's gonna happen next! I finished the game, started a New Game +, then tried it. It was actually pretty fun and you get addicted to it, so much that whenever I entered a new area/town, the first thing I do is - instead of going to quest givers or following the main quest - is to challenge the people to Gwent. Yes, I think it's that good and fun of a minigame.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I downloaded it out of nostalgia, not to mention back when it came out there was a sudden craze of deck games along playstores.
Pretty entertaining at first, I can't deny that... But, as every other game does, it gets pretty boring when you can't access to the good yet pricey stuff.
Ended up deleting it after a few weeks. Might give it another try one of these days though!
Remember those Pokemon card games that were a craze back 15-20 years ago? I remember most collectors didn't even know how to play, but collected it because the art style and the cards themselves looked really nice on a collector's book. Some cards even had holographic effects, which was awesome as a kid since you could actually brag about it to your friends about how you got a rare collectible card. I think I still have those cards in a shoe box somewhere in our old house.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I used to play Hearthstone but I am currently focusing on my Football Manager save. I think I prefer playing GWENT's gameplay than Hearthstone.

thart

Reaction score
I would love to play some time. I used to play pretty heavily but over the last year just try to make sure i get the card back every month.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I used to play Heathstone back then, and I loved it. I was quite skeptical because I didn't think I would like the game because I generally don't like card games, but I did like it for some reason. I only left the game because I remember getting a lot of cards that were strong, but I got beaten 5 times in a row by a friend who had weaker cards. I guess I literally rage quit the game, forever.