• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anyone getting the Playstation TV?

Lights

Reaction score
It came out only a few weeks ago. I'm thinking about getting one... i've always wanted to play Vita games but never had any interest in buying a Vita, so the Playstation TV is something i'm really considering right now.

The Playstation Now service seems like it'd be great, but my experience with cloud gaming (OnLive) hasn't been very pleasant, so mainly it's just the Vita functionality that i'm interested in.

So, anyone else interested in the Playstation TV?

Last edited:

Ridge

Reaction score
I was going to get it for my bedroom TV since I don't have anything for Netflix and such in there yet, all the other Sony ecosystem stuff would have just been a bonus.

But it turns out it doesn't have Netflix and stuff yet, so now I'm not going to bother.

joshposh

Reaction score
I don't think I'm going to get it. I'm still having a lot of fun with my current line up of PS3 games. I just got 3 more games that I have yet to touch the surface of, so buying another "dust collector" isn't very smart at the moment. I do see the point of getting one unless I wanted to impress my friends.

TheViper

Reaction score
Honestly, I see no point in owning one of these. Now, if you are someone that only owns a PS4 then maybe this appeals to you. Though, if you own Sony's other gaming consoles and you have a iPhone, Android phone, or computer. Then owning this will turn out to be something that is just for show and not something you would use.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Not even considering it, don't require it. It does seem somewhat good though, just doesn't appeal to me.

Jojo83

Reaction score
I'm really considering buying one of these... It's pretty affordable in my opinion, and a great value because you can play Vita games and some older PSP games on your HDTV - which is just awesome. The game library is just huge, and it's reason enough for me to own one.

Squigly

Reaction score
PC master race~

Seriously though unless you only own a PS4 (and if you do you should seriously start considering other alternatives) this is quite a waste of money. I might be biased here but I'd say assembling your own Steam Machine with a normal TV might give better value for money, and much more games.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
I have to learn more about it before I can decide. I can't spend that kindof money until I know everything about what I'm spending the money on. The next major purchase is probably going to be the ps4, anyway.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for inputs regarding it. If it's good, I'll buy it.