• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anyone else play The Last of us multiple times?

SharpShooter

Reaction score
I have finished this game twice and am getting ready to embark on a new personal challenge. I want to make it through the whole game using just the bow. Have any of you made similar personal challenges like this?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I've not set myself a challenge, but I have completed it 4 times now. I just love the game, it gets rather emotional at times which I liked, but didn't like due to the fact it made me tear up like a m'f.

SharpShooter

Reaction score
It's such raw emotion too, I haven't played a game like this in...never. I don't know if it's the amazing audio and visual effects or if it's just good writing.

SharpShooter

Reaction score
download.jpg
images.jpg
images (1).jpg

That about sums it up

ducklord

Reaction score
I've played through it 2 1/2 times, and after the first one couldn't stand its cutscenes - that, if I remember correctly, were unskippable.

I loved the story, but after the first time you get it, you know what happens and it starts getting boring. Great, awesome, swell story, but how many times can you go through the same things? Again? And again?

You're left playing it for the action it offers, which is great as well, but the second time you try to get through it you realize it's too "spaced out", forcing you to watch cutscenes and walk seemingly endlessly until you get to the pew-pew parts.

And thus, I couldn't finish it a third time, no matter how much I liked it.

Now it's just sitting on a shelf gathering dust.

Rubyquill

Reaction score
This game hit me square in the heart both times that I played through it, and I felt like I picked up so many more tiny, enriching details that I missed the first time around. I want to play it again, but since it was a copy I borrowed from my local library I'm on a waiting list at the moment. Still, trying a playthrough only using the bow sounds like a great challenge, even though I'll probably die in short order. :oops:

Mackmax

Reaction score
The game is definitely amazing, but unless you get DLC, I find it hard to play it again and again since the cutscenes aren't skip-able. I adore the story, but after the first time, it is annoying to be forced to watch it. You get this "Alright, we get it!" feeling, lol.
I would highly recommend getting the DLC packs! The stories told in those are heart-wrenching as well, and the gameplay is just as great.

Thomas Hall

Reaction score
I liked how the choices could be difficult at times and,you wandered how it would affect you later on and had emotions and characters were well made to suit the game. I have replayed it a few times, and like how the world is and choosing how to survive in it can be hard at times like how it ends and it was nice how it was a complex choice. The download, could be a a different ending that is what I understood from playing it and a ending where Joel tells Ellie half truth about cure not being made and also emotions as he has to kill humans who are infected in the game.

Squigly

Reaction score
I've played it twice, like many other games with a good story (e.g. Bioshock Infinite) I think it's a great way to catch up on any elements you might have missed out on. I might go on a third playthrough once I get through my backlog of games.

damowhite666

Reaction score
I still need to get through this... I had the game on PS3 awhile ago though didn't actually play it as I had lots of other games and forgot about it, bought a PS4 and The Last Of Us came free with the console I'd say I'm roughly 2-3 hours through? Terrible I know though I'll get to the end eventually seems like an awesome game though having time to play is becoming an issue.

Martin

Reaction score
I have played it once so far, definitely a game that I intend to play more than once, most likely on a higher difficulty than the first time. I liked it a lot and it has the appeal to play twice.