• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anybody own a Wii U?

Quiver

Reaction score
A new Wii console called the Wii U has come out. Anyone got it?
A friend of mine has it and he really likes it. However, I'm skeptical.
I don't like the Nintendo graphics very much, I think they're far behind.
Look at the graphics on Xbox or PS3, for example. Compare those to Wii.
Also the Wii U games cost anything up to £50 so they're not cheap either.
You can probably guess by now that I don't have one, and why I don't. :p
But do any of you have one? If so, what are your opinions on the console?

igloostick

Reaction score
No, I don't own a Wii U but I do own a Wii. And I agree, Wii graphics are no where near as great as the graphics on Xbox or PS3, and it is very pricy. I have tried it before, I got it for christmas but I took it back for the cash, I did not like it at all. The games were basicly just like the non Wii U games, I just had to pay more money for them. Which was kinda dumb in my opinion... I guess some of it was cool, Just not my type of consle. I usually just like pc games. :tongue:

James

Reaction score
I got the Wii U when it was released, and I really enjoy it.. but I'm also a big Nintendo fan.

If you want to keep up with the Nintendo exclusives or older games from the N64 and back, you should. If not, no, I wouldn't recommend it.

Smokey

Reaction score
I owned an original Wii and barely used it. I'm curious about the Wii-U though but the only 'retro' games I'd play on it were N64 ones since I have an NES and SNES hooked up currently and play the original cartridges. :)