• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Anybody else see the new episode of Game of Thrones tonight?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Who wants to discuss that stuff? I think we should talk about more than just video games here. TV shows would be a good start. Another note about this season in GoT is that it only has 7 episodes because they had to shoot most scenes during winter season, and they're running out of time. It's also the second to last season, so expect a lot of scenes to be faster paced.

What did you guys think of the new episode?

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Username checks out.

Sad to see you didn't got a reply because I'm completely hype about this season. I loved the season premiere and boy, what a good opening scene we got with Arya finally ending the Frey line. I am still REALLY hyped about this Sunday's episode though, that naval ship was fantastic and it kind of made Euron's character more amusing in my eyes, in the "crazy ass evil mofo" way, of course. You wanna bet Cersei is going to have that Sand Snake killed before Ellaria's eyes to make her pay for Myrcella.

Are you up for discussing predictions for the next episode?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Username checks out.

Sad to see you didn't got a reply because I'm completely hype about this season. I loved the season premiere and boy, what a good opening scene we got with Arya finally ending the Frey line. I am still REALLY hyped about this Sunday's episode though, that naval ship was fantastic and it kind of made Euron's character more amusing in my eyes, in the "crazy ass evil mofo" way, of course. You wanna bet Cersei is going to have that Sand Snake killed before Ellaria's eyes to make her pay for Myrcella.

Are you up for discussing predictions for the next episode?
Yeah it kinda sucks the community isn't that big on Game of Thrones. Oh well, then again this is a video game forum after all so I can't really complain that much. There's a new episode tonight so I'm about to start watching, but it's also bittersweet since we're already halfway through the season after only 3 episodes. How can they expect us to live on a 7 episode per season schedule?!

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of overlap between the GoT community and the video game one, but hey, perhaps in this particular case it wasn't that glaringly obvious.

I am pretty sad about the small number of episodes, but on the other hand... This has made them administrate their time so, so much better. All episodes have been incredibly fast-paced and have had about zero amount of time wasted on filler conversations or useless side-plots. It's just seven episodes, but BOY, WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN THESE SEVEN EPISODES SO FAR.

A bit of a let down I had in the episode is seeing how, once again, Jaime is completely in Cersei's clutches. It's a pity and a shame because I feel it's kind of almost undoing the development he's had (not to mention that in the books he has almost completely detached himself from her) but I have faith that the doubts Olenna put into his mind are actual foreshadowing for a major conflict and fallout between the twins.

Referal

Reaction score
I have only watched to episode 3 I still need a few to catch up on too.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Just watched the Finale (after getting spoiled the ending lmao) and I say this season's pretty great. Fast paced, great action and banter, and it didn't take multiple episodes for the characters to reach their destinations. The plot also had fewer characters to play with, so there's no more various plot lines to fill time. All in all, I can't wait for the final season next year. Now my watch begins.