• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Question Any news on the site's currency shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
We're in the middle of a Steam Sale and I'm sure it's just not me who have a lot of points stored. I really hope it starts soon (I was here last year around this time and the store was still promised to be coming soon), so hopefully this will finally be the year where you guys pull the trigger on it? Just a suggestion; the main motto of the site is "the site that rewards you for posting". So far, I've seen no rewards you speak of.

Just a thought; I have tons of stuff in the wishlist I'd like to get while they're 50+% off.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Hi @OursIsTheFury, last year the shop was up and running. Its been up for several years. We only recently took it down to do an entire revamp of it. An entire new design with hundreds of new games being added spanning over a dozen categories.

Unfortunately it has been taking longer than expected to release the new version. However, the shop does not go by steam sales. We do not get our games from steam as there is no way to gift you guys the steam codes via steam. We get our games directly from the publisher via official distributors. We hope to have it launched by the end of the week.

There has just been other issues coming up. I have even been looking into replacing our shop system with a new one.

Reactions: Hux

Ash

Reaction score
Is there any news on the shop? I'm not sure if you managed to replace the old shop system with a new one but when I try to access the shop via the menu, it says that I do not have permission to view the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.