• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Alienware Laptops

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have never had the opportunity to use an alienware laptop but I have heard that they are very good and very powerful. One of my friends also says it's one of the best laptops for gaming and I can see why because the specs on them are insane. So i'm hoping one day to be able to get my hands on one.
He probably just said that to justify paying thousands of dollars for a "gaming" laptop. I'd brag about my expensive stuff too just for the sake of bragging, no matter how useless a thing can be.

msyukionna

Reaction score
Seems like everyone is saying the same thing -overpriced for what you get. I personally don't have one but know a friend who does. Same problem with every laptop I guess -- expensive to upgrade and maintain. My friend's Alienware seems long lasting enough. He forked out the money to get 6 years ago and as far as I know he's still using it now. Not sure if he's still using it for heavy gaming though.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Unless it's made of gold I don't think they can justify those jacked up prices. It's 90% price for the brand, 10% price for the items used. So only people who care about brands - or parents who know nothing about computers - would buy that thing full price. I wouldn't do it even if you gave it for free, to be honest. It's all overrated stuff.
Yeah, that sounds like a more plausible ratio. I guess it's also about that sort of aura that surrounds any product labelled as "made for gaming" that makes people think that those mouses/keyboards will make them magically better at any game they play. It's not my incompetence and my lack of willingless to sit and learn how to play, I swear, it's this damn mouse's fault! It hasn't got enough LEDs!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, that sounds like a more plausible ratio. I guess it's also about that sort of aura that surrounds any product labelled as "made for gaming" that makes people think that those mouses/keyboards will make them magically better at any game they play. It's not my incompetence and my lack of willingless to sit and learn how to play, I swear, it's this damn mouse's fault! It hasn't got enough LEDs!
Damn, I think I hit my limit with my gaming capabilities. MAYBE A GAMING MOUSE AND CHAIR WILL HELP ME GET BETTER! Screw practice or watching the pros play, I'll just get a $200 gaming mouse and that will solve everything! Heck, a gaming mouse with a gaming Alienware Razer mousepad will make me a god in gaming! Let's do this!

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Damn, I think I hit my limit with my gaming capabilities. MAYBE A GAMING MOUSE AND CHAIR WILL HELP ME GET BETTER! Screw practice or watching the pros play, I'll just get a $200 gaming mouse and that will solve everything! Heck, a gaming mouse with a gaming Alienware Razer mousepad will make me a god in gaming! Let's do this!
Oh, and let's not forget about headsets. Screw text chats, the only reason why I can't seem to get my team work right (but it's their fault anyway) is because these headphones aren't comfortable enough! They'll hear me better after I buy this 150$ pair of mediocre headphones with a subpar microphone and a Razer sticker slapped on it.

...ugh, I feel the impelling urge to go wash my hands right now.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Oh, and let's not forget about headsets. Screw text chats, the only reason why I can't seem to get my team work right (but it's their fault anyway) is because these headphones aren't comfortable enough! They'll hear me better after I buy this 150$ pair of mediocre headphones with a subpar microphone and a Razer sticker slapped on it.

...ugh, I feel the impelling urge to go wash my hands right now.
Hey, if I was the owner of the company that made those, I'd slap my brand on things too and call them gaming gear for a huge profit. I can't blame them, I'd do the same. I blame those people who think buying them will make them better, and not just waste money on overpriced stuff. But then again, I'm the type to get buyer's remorse pretty quickly so maybe it's just me.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
Alienware laptops are pretty cool for their specs and if you go to the right places you can get them for a reasonable price. However, as they become a well-known brand for high-quality computers, the prices for them will skyrocket, only going higher and higher.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Alienware laptops are pretty cool for their specs and if you go to the right places you can get them for a reasonable price. However, as they become a well-known brand for high-quality computers, the prices for them will skyrocket, only going higher and higher.
You're paying more for the brand rather than the quality of the items though. Same with those gaming keyboards, gaming mice (mouses?), and gaming headsets. Hell, when I needed a mouse pad the lady at the store offered me a gaming mouse pad worth about $20. A normal mouse pad costs about $2 at most. And they have the audacity of selling at that price just because the logo is printed on it. Like it will help me get better at gaming?

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
Alienware laptops are great! However, considering their pricing, they could be better. Options like ASUS ROG, MSIs and some Omens should churn out better for a lesser cost in the real sense of it.
In fact, I still prefer to custom build your PC for gaming. It waaaay much lesser!

rockandgreen

Reaction score
As with any branded product, the more popular it gets the more demand it has and the less value for money it becomes. Finding the sweet spot between supply, demand and value means you can make the most of your money. This applies towards buying hardware too.

Khalil A

Reaction score
Marketing is able to change everything ! Alienware are good but not enough. According with my experience with Alienware gaming laptop,I can tell you that it was good at the begining but after a while issues have started to appear and I still ignore why. The design is attractive and the performance is decent, but maybe Asus can be better in somehow !

WarVet

Reaction score
Marketing is able to change everything ! Alienware are good but not enough. According with my experience with Alienware gaming laptop,I can tell you that it was good at the beginning but after a while issues have started to appear and I still ignore why. The design is attractive and the performance is decent, but maybe Asus can be better in somehow!

In my opinion, they have always been extremely hyped. I always heard some extraordinary things about it and I thought that it couldn't be 100% truth since the brand is up against some fantastic brands like Dell. So given your comment how much of the hype do you think is true? Is it at least half good as they say it?

Khalil A

Reaction score
In my opinion, they have always been extremely hyped. I always heard some extraordinary things about it and I thought that it couldn't be 100% truth since the brand is up against some fantastic brands like Dell. So given your comment how much of the hype do you think is true? Is it at least half good as they say it?
I will say more than 50%, and you know, a product can never be as good as we think, there's always marketing which boost the brand ! ;)

WarVet

Reaction score
I will say more than 50%, and you know, a product can never be as good as we think, there's always marketing which boosts the brand ! ;)

Seems most of products follow this pattern nowadays. Take vehicles for instance. I'd say 80% of all vehicles out there aren't half as good as propaganda of their users affirm. Still marketing is everything in this profit driven world. Thanks for the heads up bro!

Khalil A

Reaction score
You a
Seems most of products follow this pattern nowadays. Take vehicles for instance. I'd say 80% of all vehicles out there aren't half as good as propaganda of their users affirm. Still marketing is everything in this profit driven world. Thanks for the heads up bro!
You are welcome man ! We as consumers must be aware ! Good luck !

Haristar

Reaction score
I too love to have a gaming laptop but they are quite expensive which seems hard to fit into my budget. But besides Alienware, there are many good laptops and they say Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 is the best for gaming. The price of this awesome is $2,700. But my brother said he could build a gaming laptop for me. I don't know when.

kgord

Reaction score
Yikes, I can't imagine paying that much for a laptop that is primarily designed for gaming. I wouldn't even pay that for a general laptop, so I would find myself hard pressed to come up with that kind of money to spend on a gaming laptop.