• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Alien Isolation PC Game

overcast

Reaction score
I am not sure how many of you are fan of alien games. But I have came across some of the nice reviews on this game. It's a bit year old game. And I have yet to get my hands on it. Hopefully may play before this December if I get enough time. How many of you have played this game? And do you think it's scary enough?

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I've kept my eye on this game for quite some time, too, and I was wondering the same. I've watched some gameplays and it looks pretty darn nice. It stays true to the original series' atmosphere, which is definitely an upside in my book. Furthermore, it seems to have a nice level of challenge, which is nice to hear in a horror game, and it's well optimized.

djdanilo

Reaction score
I played when it came out, and I have to say, I wasn't scared my whole life, like I was when I was playing this game. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the game, it's well optimized, has great graphics, nice story and gameplay. When you start playing it, it instantly takes you back to the first Alien movie, and the great thing, to me, is that the Alien AI is made that way, that you really feel like you are in the movie. I really recommend you get this game and play it. It is a truly great experience.

overcast

Reaction score
I've kept my eye on this game for quite some time, too, and I was wondering the same. I've watched some gameplays and it looks pretty darn nice. It stays true to the original series' atmosphere, which is definitely an upside in my book. Furthermore, it seems to have a nice level of challenge, which is nice to hear in a horror game, and it's well optimized.
True, I heard from some of the reviews that this is the game that every alien movie lover should play. As it has some of the best challenges and the scare factor. I am guessing this game will totally kill it under the VR part. I have not seen a single game in VR with scare factor. And hoping this game surely would be.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
True, I heard from some of the reviews that this is the game that every alien movie lover should play. As it has some of the best challenges and the scare factor. I am guessing this game will totally kill it under the VR part. I have not seen a single game in VR with scare factor. And hoping this game surely would be.
Yeah, the grim, dark setting would work wonders with a visor. Resident Evil 7 is a good candidate as best horror game on VR right now, but I somewhat doubt it comes even close to the psychological pressure Alien Isolation puts on you (I felt chased down even by just watching videos, dammit). Space is truly an unparalleled backdrop to horror games, because it's the only place you can be truly alone in.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yes! I have played it. I even managed to finish it which was a good achievement for me since it was scary as hell. I highly recommend this game to any horror/scary games lovers. It's absolutely amazing and really well-made. The whole environment is detailed and it fits the genre. It's creepy and you will feel very uneasy the whole time you will play it. You also have many really nice gadgets (motion tracker) and weapons. I really hope that they make Alien Isolation 2.

overcast

Reaction score
Yes! I have played it. I even managed to finish it which was a good achievement for me since it was scary as hell. I highly recommend this game to any horror/scary games lovers. It's absolutely amazing and really well-made. The whole environment is detailed and it fits the genre. It's creepy and you will feel very uneasy the whole time you will play it. You also have many really nice gadgets (motion tracker) and weapons. I really hope that they make Alien Isolation 2.
Thanks for the review. I was looking forward to see if someone played this game. I have not much expected to play this game from my setup. I am guessing it is not even built for my setup. So I have to find out other means. I also heard about some rumors on the Alien Isolation sequel but not sure. I am dying to play it now.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I think it's the best alien game out there - yes, even better than the old classic Alien VS Predator 2! It make you realle feel like you are one of the character in the movie: wandering around the space station, never knowing when or where the alien will pop up - many places are randomized, it may appear in one run but not in another. You are never safe, not even when you are saving your game... it's a feeling that few games manage to accomplish. I didn't like that much the final part of the game, it felt a bit rushed but otherwise is a solid 9/10 game, or around that.
After all this time I doubt we will ever get a sequel, but there is still hope.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Yes, Alien Isolation is a joy to play! At least in my opinion. As a fan of survival horror games like Outlast and Amnesia, it was great seeing an Alien game in that genre produced. I haven't played it all the way through, but my roommate was playing it just the other day and I watched him for a while. I wouldn't say it's really, really scary, but it definitely gets your heart and adrenaline pumping, no doubt!

But to make things more interesting, I've heard that if you have a headset with a microphone, the alien can hear you if talk or breathe too loud, making it easier to find you. My roommate and I have never played with that feature, so I'm sure that would make things significantly freakier!