• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS3 Air Raid Career: NCAA Football 14

Guardian

Reaction score
I play the game a lot, and sometimes I like to have a reason to keep going rather than starting a new one. So, this time I will keep track of my newest career in this thread (even if no one reads it).

Randomly selected schemes:
Offense: Kentucky playbook (Air Raid)
Defense: 3-3-5 Stack

Randomly selected 1-star team: Memphis

I have adjusted the conferences to match the 2015 football season, and am using the 2014 player roster. I have swapped out UAB in place of Georgia Southern teambuilder team.

Heisman difficulty, 5 minute quarters.
Recruiting limitations: Recruits must have school in their Top-10. After those have been exhausted, I can only recruit from primary state, then pipeline states.
I must play every game, no exceptions.
Coach Starting Level: 1

I intend for this world to be a PTM-driven world, where members recommend (realistic) changes such as job changes, conference realignment, etc. So if you have a great idea, please share it. As time goes on, my post style will change as I figure out how exactly I want to do things.

Coaching Record:
2013 Memphis - 11-2 (6-1) - American Conference Champions - Fiesta Bowl Win - #17
2014 Iowa State - 14-0 (9-0) - Big 12 Conference Champions - National Champions - #1
2015 Hawai'i - 12-2 (6-2) - Mountain West Conference Champions - Las Vegas Bowl Win
2016 Hawai'i - 14-0 (8-0) - Mountain West Conference Champions - National Champions - #1
2017 Alabama - 14-0 (9-0) - Southeastern Conference Champions - National Champions - #1
2018 Alabama - 12-2 (7-2) - Southeastern Conference Champions - National Champions - #1

Last edited:

Guardian

Reaction score
RE: Air Raid Career: NCAA Football 14

Season 1

Week 1: BYE
Week 2: @ #10 UCLA (0-0) - Result: 23-20 Win
Week 3: @ NIU (0-1) - Result: 30-29 Win
Week 4: vs. Arkansas State (2-0) - Result: 21-31 Loss
Week 5: BYE
Week 6: @ UCF (1-3) - Result: 13-20 Loss
Week 7: vs. Tulsa (2-1) - Result: 37-35 Win
Week 8: vs #23 ECU (5-1) - Result: 24-21 Win
Week 9: BYE
Week 10: @ Cincinnati (5-1) - Result: 35-12 Win
Week 11: vs. FCS East (0-0) - Result: 35-17 Win
Week 12: vs. USF (4-4) - Result: 35-13 Win
Week 13: @ Tulane (6-3) - Result: 15-6 Win
Week 14: vs. Temple (4-6) - Result: 24-6 Win
Week 15: @ UCONN (2-9) - Result: 35-18 Win
Fiesta Bowl: vs. #5 TCU (11-1) - Result: 28-21 Win

Season 1 record: 11-2

Week 2 Recap: @ #10 University of California, Los Angeles Bruins (0-0) - Result: 23-20 Win
A slow and methodical Memphis Tigers upset the 10th-ranked UCLA Bruins in Los Angeles, despite throwing 2 interceptions in the 1st quarter. They controlled the second half with the triple-option and converted two 2-point conversions to make up the difference for the win. The Tigers 2nd-half offense was so unorthodox, the starting Tight End finished with 80 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD.

Week 3 Recap: @ Northern Illinois Huskies (0-1) - Result: 30-29 Win
Northern Illinois' secondary was dialed in most of the game, recording 6 interceptions a fumble recovery on the way to a 29-17 lead late in the 4th quarter. Despite struggling on the ground and through the air, the Memphis made two last-minute drives down the field to take the lead with 0:06 left on the clock. The defense held tough in the final minutes to secure the 4th quarter comeback.

Week 4 Recap: vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves (2-0) - Result: 21-31 Loss
The turnover differential finally caught up to Memphis, despite more attempts at last-minute heroics. The starting QB contributed with 5 interceptions in route to the 31-21 loss.

Week 6 Recap: @ University of Central Florida Golden Knights (1-3) - Result: 13-20 Loss
A game which Memphis could not finish drives. Again, the starting QB threw 4 interceptions to help seal the defeat. Once the Golden Knights were up, there was no turning back. UCF snapped a 3-game skid with the win.

Week 7 Recap: vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane (2-1) - Result: 37-35 Win
The starting QB continued his turnover trend, throwing 3 interceptions in the first quarter, allowing Tulsa to take a 21-3 lead. The backup QB came in and lead his team to a 24-21 score at halftime. The game was back and forth until the end when Memphis sealed the win with a last second 35-yard field goal for the victory.

Week 8 Recap: vs. #23 Eastern Carolina University Pirates (5-1) - Result: 24-21 Win
Thanks to his come-from-behind performance, backup QB Braydon Scott was given the starting nod. In a back and forth game, he kept his Tigers in it all day. Memphis won for the second straight week on game-winning field goals.

Week 10 Recap: @ Cincinnati Bearcats (5-1) - Result: 35-12 Win
New starting QB Braydon Scott ran the Tigers to a quick 21-0 lead at halftime, and the Bearcats spent the day trying to catch up. Memphis ran all over Cincinnati with 7 different players gaining at least 10 yards on the ground a piece, and 3 of those scoring TDs. The win marks the 3rd straight for the Memphis Tigers who are now 5-2, and 2-1 in American Athletic Conference play.

Week 11 recap: vs. FCS East Howlers (0-0) - Result: 35-17 Win
Although the score was much closer than it should have been thanks to, again, plenty of easy turnovers, Memphis easily cruised to victory.

Week 12 recap: vs. university of South Florida Bulls (4-4) - Result: 35-13 Win (I originally won this one 41-20, but as is typical with the game, it froze in the highlights at the end of the game).
I ended up simming this game because I absolutely hate playing games over. The sim score was still impressive. In the game I played, I was down 17-3 at halftime. The defense became a brick wall and the offense could not be stopped. It was one of the greatest come from behind victory blowouts I've had. I really wish the game had not froze so I could have saved it. It was impressive statistically.

Week 13 Recap: @ Tulane Green Wave (6-3) - Result: 15-6 Win
It was a slow offensive day as both teams combined for 7 field goals. Not a single touchdown was scored in the game. Memphis won the field goal battle 5-2, ensuring the victory.

Week 14 Recap: vs. Temple Owls (4-6) - Result: 24-6
With snow coming down in blankets, Memphis kept the ball on the ground most of the day. In doing so, they controlled the tempo of the game and didn't allow Temple a chance to get going. The win marks the 7th straight by the Tigers.

Week 15 Recap: @ University of Connecticut Huskies (2-9) - Result: 35-18 Win
The Tigers head into the game ranked #22. After a sluggish start, the Tigers came out after halftime firing on all cylinders. At halftime it looked as if UCONN was going to pull the upset. The Tigers came out after halftime 'on fire' ensuring they would win their 10th of the season.

Fiesta Bowl Recap: vs. #5 Texas Christian University Horned Frogs (11-1) - Result:
The Tigers head into the game ranked #23. The Memphis Tigers continued winning games they shouldn't. After a back and forth score, they finished strong defensively, outlasting a last-minute TCU drive to seal the victory.

Season Recap: Despite switching starting QBs nearly midway into the season, Memphis utilized their Triple-Option / 5 Receiver Set offense to force their way through the American Conference to win their first ever conference championship at the FBS level (they were in fact co-champions of the AAC in 2014). They also finished the season with an upset victory over 5th ranked TCU in the Fiesta Bowl.

At the end of the 2013 season, I was offered the Iowa State job and accepted.

Guardian

Reaction score
RE: Air Raid Career: NCAA Football 14

Season 1 Champions:

American: Memphis
ACC: Florida State
Big Ten: Michigan State
Big 12: TCU
CUSA: Marshall
MAC: NIU
MWC: Fresno State
SEC: Alabama
PAC 12: USC
Sun Belt: UL Lafayette
National Champions: Florida State Seminoles

Season 1 Top 10:
1. Florida State (14-0)
2. Ole Miss (11-2)
3. Ohio State (11-2)
4. Alabama (12-2)
5. Mississippi State (10-3)
6. TCU (11-2)
7. South Carolina (10-3)
8. Wisconsin (10-3)
9. Nebraska (11-3)
10. Auburn (9-4)

Guardian

Reaction score
I've done a lot of playing over the past week, and I've jumped around on teams. I still end up winning conference and national championships. I MIGHT keep updating OP. I MIGHT start over with harder sliders. MIGHT. Not sure yet.