• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

AFL (australian football)

KMRock

Reaction score
As an Australian member, I am a HUGE Australian Football League (AFL) fan. I play the game and have done since a junior. I watch and support my team as well as going to games between teams I do not follow or support. I am also involved in AFL fantasy games such as Supercoach and AFL Fantasy.

> Has anyone heard of AFL?
> Is anyone here a fan of AFL?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Well I live in the USA so yeah I had no clue what AFL was until you told me, We have some Australian users though. I'm sure they have heard of it.

KMRock

Reaction score
Wow, well you need to watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2uAJi6fLg

Its an awesome sport.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
That is a lot different than the american football, first of all, all of our guys have to wear a ton of padding and our fields look really different.

KMRock

Reaction score
Yeah oval fields. Ball can be kicked or passed by hand. Players need to be amazingly fit as its not stop start like NFL. No protection is worn and players can tackle, bump and have collisions at top speed. Amazing game!

KMRock

Reaction score
Hahahaha no, though that would be interesting. Baseball is pretty small down here, same rules though.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Do you guys have the "Super Bowl" or do you call it something different?

KMRock

Reaction score
Nah it's a completely different sport, rules etc.

We have 24 rounds of the season, then 4 weeks of finals including the grand final.

Warren

Reaction score
I am from Melbourne, Australia, I know of the AFL, but I am not really a fan of sports.
However that being said, I love West Coast Eagles and Hawthorn, just slightly ever so slightly, if they were to compete against each other, I'd choose West Coast Eagles.

Who do you go for?