• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

A Player-based Covenant for Dark Souls (3)

Darkwraith Themed Covenant, yae or nae?

• Total voters

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm going to sound like the edgiest edgelord of the edgelords in all of edgington, but I was wondering if anyone would want to help me create a second (Yes, I have made a first) covenant that's themed around the Darkwraiths? For the most part it's fairly simple, although it can get complex when it comes to character design.

Everyone who knows me knows I go in depth with this shit, so while the theme is "Darkwraith" you can make a number of Darkwraith themed knights.

Mine is an elite swordsman, and the leader of the covenant. I will often switch between different swords, but the primary weapon of choice for this character is the Broadsword because it has that lunging and sweeping attack, and is generally more aggressive than- even the Dark Sword by itself.
https://imgur.com/N5hemgM (My character)

There's plenty of other "uniform" fashions that you can use, for example I've been experimenting with the Drang set for polearm users potentially, or the Millwood Knight set for your tanky builds (or also polearm users)

The basic jist of it is create a character that has an aggressive playstyle, with a Darkwraith themed (doesn't have to wear the Dark Set in particular) fashion including a dark colored weapon (doesn't HAVE to be dark colored, the broadsword is a generic silver color).

What do you think? I created the covenant already, technically, but of course I'm not exactly popular, and it hasn't been tossed around very much. It'd be awesome if we could make something like this, and with that new dlc coming out, holy shit the gank spank potential with that straightsword MMMMM- another time, what do you think?

Zeal

Reaction score
PS4, Xbone, or PC?

I'd be down to help on the PS4. I personally use Jailer Robes, Sage's Big Hat, and a Dark Astora Great Sword/Straight Sword combo.

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
PS4, Xbone, or PC?

I'd be down to help on the PS4. I personally use Jailer Robes, Sage's Big Hat, and a Dark Astora Great Sword/Straight Sword combo.

Well, that's just the thing - I want to have help branching to all three. I can handle PS4 on my own (though it'd be awesome if you'd want to join the covenant on ps4, I listed my gamer tag in my profile :D ) but I don't have the game on Xbox One or PC.

Zeal

Reaction score
IIIIIIIIIII can't find your PSN name. HERE'S MINE

(But it's a seeeeeeeeecreeet)

PRETZALNATOR

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Don't know much about this game, but from watching my little brother play, I've learned that efven if you have played Dark Souls, a video or two explaining the story may still be necessary. That game loves to not tell you shit. I guess From Software just realized people are gonna look up all the secrets anyway, so they made everything a secret and didn't even tell the guide makers everything

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
Don't know much about this game, but from watching my little brother play, I've learned that efven if you have played Dark Souls, a video or two explaining the story may still be necessary. That game loves to not tell you shit. I guess From Software just realized people are gonna look up all the secrets anyway, so they made everything a secret and didn't even tell the guide makers everything
Precisely. It's the way of storytelling they used called Archaeological storytelling. You piece together the lore and the story. It's a great way to get players addicted to the game, looking at every bit of dialogue, item description, and other things like audio clips from enemies.