• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

7 Earth Like Planets

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Recently 7 Earth like planets surrounding one small star were found 39 light-years away!

So far the planets all have water from what's been told, also that the planets could possibly hold life.. If you want more info look here.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/technology/7-earth-like-planets-discovered-1.3992156

What do you guys think!? Be cool to be on another planet... Plus maybe we might find a new planet to colonize and even meet new spicies.

Valerie

Retired Administrative Staff
Reaction score
It's certainly a very interesting topic to entertain. I've always liked the topic of space, and what's out there. I'm excited to see what they find.

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
This is why we must increase NASA's budget 100x. We could literally have a colony project being prepped and ready to go to it in a few years and send them with all the necessary equipment to get started over there like seeds solar generators, etc. But no lets focus on the next top 10 things that are cute about cats.

Although technically if we were to do a colonization of one of those planets we would literally need a space SHIP. Which could be made, but constructing that would takes years.

Valerie

Retired Administrative Staff
Reaction score
I honestly think that instead of paying 20b for a wall, we should house our homeless and fund NASA. It'd be far more beneficial in the long run.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I honestly think that instead of paying 20b for a wall, we should house our homeless and fund NASA. It'd be far more beneficial in the long run.
This is why we must increase NASA's budget 100x. We could literally have a colony project being prepped and ready to go to it in a few years and send them with all the necessary equipment to get started over there like seeds solar generators, etc. But no lets focus on the next top 10 things that are cute about cats.

Although technically if we were to do a colonization of one of those planets we would literally need a space SHIP. Which could be made, but constructing that would takes years.
I agree, they put too much money on Military and building a wall, honestly you don't need 500Mil on the military as you have a large enough military, but defense is good... The wall however is completely useless.. Maybe upgrade it a bit but not put 20b on it...

Possibly if more money was given to NASA the we could find possibly faster ways to travel in space, new Fuels, maybe even new lifeforms.

Matt6868

Premium Member
Premium
Reaction score
The wall however is completely useless.. Maybe upgrade it a bit but not put 20b on it...

I think it's funny he wouldn't pay for AirForce 1 upgraded because it was too much but he's spending money on a wall that is gonna do nothing but cause better thinking and tension between government

Miles

Reaction score
Sad to think that 50 years ago every country on Earth was pushing the final frontier, and now NASA is one of the only space agency's that continue this trend. #VoteElonMusk

Womack

Reaction score
It would be cool If we(the human race) dumped research funding into an Electric engine. they built and tested one that produced an insignificantly small amount of thrust a few months ago, but if that technology develops, space travel within our solar system is a very real possibility in our life times.

swag

Reaction score
We're not gonna be going to other planets like those in our lifetimes but that doesn't mean we shouldn't start preparing now. Too bad we're gonna be stuck for awhile because politics

Master Pleb Lord Charger

Reaction score
The universe is a complex endless continuum of unimaginable exquisite beauties. They possiblities from our small view point within our pathetically small planet of life is still more than almost any human can comprehend we have only been actually discovering for a mere 4 centuries. It is sad how many of the moronic people that considers themselves higher among the specks of dusts we call life consider their lives more valuable to the countless species of life are out their. What I think is most interesting about space is the theory of multiverses and different dimmensional spaces within them. Think about it, their is a universe where @Jordan is not a virgin.

Ryan790790

Reaction score
This isn't the only time we have found "earth-like" planets in the habitable zone of a star, take for instance the Kepler mission that had taken place on July 25th of 2015. The Kepler-186f system has 5 possible planets and one of them are in the habitable zone of the star. However, it will take ages for us to actually discover and explore these planets, due to the fact that we need build more advance tools to do this.

I personally believe NASA should have the military's budge due to the fact that almost all of the Apolo missions costed $160-$180 billion over a 15 year period. Our military spends over $600 billion each year due to research, bombs, and funding troops, it is absolutely outrageous but it is however, for the safety of our country because you have other countries such as Russia oppressing our allies and china breaking general rules of economics. However, there is good news, for a long time we have been studying the uses of Graphene ( which is a developed material from Graphite being a catalyst ) which has shown to be 100x stronger than steel, which is remarkable to say the least. Now what does this mean? Recently scientists have found a way to mass produce this material rather than see it in small quantities such as a 1 cm x 1 cm sheet. With this being developed and the uses of carbon nano tubes which can hold up to 6 metric tons and that is the size of a small hair strand. In reality something big with space will happen soon and more discoveries will be coming as we progress and most likely all of us will see the partial or full colonization of mars, or.... a World War 3. So hope for the first option I guess.

Toxic

CW Super Admin
Reaction score
Looks like a part of the plan is out, these planets are being used as my hideouts as well as holding my nuclear devices, for years myself, Banana, Twos, and Jordan have been discussing how to use these nuclear weapons, Endless is just a coverup for a newly formed government with nuclear capabilities.

Daytona211

Reaction score
Let's just pray that we don't send fuck boys there in the 100 of years will take for us to actually do it

The Evonation

Reaction score
There is actually a video I watched about what NASA would do if it had the military's budget. Also, there is a FTL drive we have made semantics for, called the alcu bier re drive, it just requires a solar mass of energy. NASA also may have discovered a FTL capably machine know as the EM drive. You can look both of these up if you will.

Womack

Reaction score
NASA also may have discovered a FTL capably machine know as the EM drive.
The EM drive is what I was talking about when I said "built and tested one that produced an insignificantly small amount of thrust a few months ago". The issue is that 1.) the EM drive is not FTL. Its works the same as a conventional engine, as it provides a set amount of acceleration. Our only theories of FTL travel require some form of warp jumping, where the ship is still traveling at subFTL speeds, but the distance is cut significantly so it retroactively went further than the speed of light.
Issue 2.) is that both our current theoretical electrical engines produce an insignificant amount of force. The EM drive for example produces a little over 1 millinewtons of thrust per kilowatt. the value 1mN/KW is nothing compared to the fact that it takes 20 million newtons for a rocket to get off the ground. Pretending the engines where weightless, it would take 20 billion of them to actually launch a rocket.

Scotty

The One and Only
Premium
Reaction score
I m
Looks like a part of the plan is out, these planets are being used as my hideouts as well as holding my nuclear devices, for years myself, Banana, Twos, and Jordan have been discussing how to use these nuclear weapons, Endless is just a coverup for a newly formed government with nuclear capabilities.
I know, I run security for all those planets you have the weapons chaches on, and I might say we have gone 3 days without having to kill any spies, or prisoners