• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Winter Update 2015

Dabstin

Reaction score
So this update was quite large frankly, they changed a lot of stuff that are hard to notice but greatly impact the game, while they distracted us with the R8 revolver lol.
One of the things they changed is the recoil recovery rate of the AK and M4 rifles. It's become so hard to tap shoot as I end up seeing my bullets fly all over the place when they're supposed to be accurate, it's because I don't wait enough time for the weapon to recover from recoil. It'll take me some time to get used to the new timing. Bullshit change if you ask me.

They also changed the accuracy some of the pistols. Although I don't really mind that because I was never accurate with pistols in the first place. In fact I've had better chances at winning pistol rounds because of this change. Those who are used to aim to the head are having a rough time getting the hits they want apparently. I usually aim for the chest with pistols

The R8 was nerfed very quickly too, expectedly. It was too overpowered during its first day, it messed up the game. Glad they caught up quickly and fixed it, as well as the glitch it came with.

Have you noticed any changes in your play style after this update? Has it affected you in anyway? Also what do you think about it overall, is it good or uncalled for?

Maelalove

Reaction score
I haven't been online in about a week or so, so this is actually new to me, and I haven't had to test it yet, but from the way it sounds, I actually kind of understand why they would do the recoil timing. Bigger guns like that have the larger recoil, and it would make sense bullets would start flying all over the place if you didn't wait for the recoil. It'll just take some adjustment.
I'm not surprised that the R8 was nerfed, that's all I really have to say on that part, it needed it, very very badly. I am curious to see how these changes will actually affect me, though. I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the pistol aiming change, but I guess I'll see here soon.

Dabstin

Reaction score
I haven't been online in about a week or so, so this is actually new to me, and I haven't had to test it yet, but from the way it sounds, I actually kind of understand why they would do the recoil timing. Bigger guns like that have the larger recoil, and it would make sense bullets would start flying all over the place if you didn't wait for the recoil. It'll just take some adjustment.
I'm not surprised that the R8 was nerfed, that's all I really have to say on that part, it needed it, very very badly. I am curious to see how these changes will actually affect me, though. I'm not sure I'm thrilled with the pistol aiming change, but I guess I'll see here soon.

Ok so it seems the community didn't like the changes and they ended up reversing the recoil changes on the rifles. They admitted it was unneeded and uncalled for. But I'm so glad they listen to the community and respond so quickly. Awesome dev team. The R8 remains nerfed however (as it deserves). And the other changes still remain.

Squigly

Reaction score
I'd prefer more specific tweaks to pistols rather than a blanket nerf. The Tec-9 definitely deserved the running accuracy nerf, but the glock and p2000 are already really poor in terms of accuracy and damage.

Anyway as someone who hated the rifle nerfs as well I'm really happy that they reversed the changes! Given the already huge inaccuracy of the AK-47 even when tapping, the spray nerf just made the game too luck-based.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Ok so it seems the community didn't like the changes and they ended up reversing the recoil changes on the rifles. They admitted it was unneeded and uncalled for. But I'm so glad they listen to the community and respond so quickly. Awesome dev team. The R8 remains nerfed however (as it deserves). And the other changes still remain.
Man I never even got a chance to check the recoil for myself(the holidays are a killer time for me, oh well). I guess if they reversed it so quickly then it was probably a good thing to get rid of it after all.

Dabstin

Reaction score
Man I never even got a chance to check the recoil for myself(the holidays are a killer time for me, oh well). I guess if they reversed it so quickly then it was probably a good thing to get rid of it after all.
You should count yourself lucky that you didn't have to go through the frustration of the recoil changes. :p Believe me no one liked it. It made the rifles so random and hard to control. The AK got it the hardest because it was already hard to control, the M4A4 was affected moderately, but the M4A1-S was only slightly affected because its recoil was the lowest anyhow. Either way they were all frustrating to use as the bullet spray got more random.

leahcim132

Reaction score
Thankfully Valve listened and reverted the rifle and pistol changes. I got to play with the OP R8 where it can one-hit from any distance when aimed at the chest. MM was just a bunch of people buying the R8 since it was so broken. As for the rifles, the recoil definitely felt very off and spraying didn't feel rewarding. With the nerf to the R8, I think most people will go back to the deagle (at least that's what I did).