• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why doesn't Popcap release games for PC?

iTommy

Reaction score
I am a fan of Popcap games but recent years Popcap didn't release games for PC any more or very slow. What reasons they are just focusing on Androi and ISO games?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I honestly got no idea but my wild guess is that they've realized how much money they can make from producing purely mobile based games. Perhaps even more than what they were making with the PC ones since that's a very hard market. Mobile games take less time to produce because they are usually shorter or have some sort of repetitive elements, like Bejeweled - just different level designs. A computer game probably takes more money and time to develop fully. I am just guessing though :)

iTommy

Reaction score
I honestly got no idea but my wild guess is that they've realized how much money they can make from producing purely mobile based games.
I think so, because they could earn more money than releasing games for PC.
Perhaps even more than what they were making with the PC ones since that's a very hard market. Mobile games take less time to produce because they are usually shorter or have some sort of repetitive elements, like Bejeweled - just different level designs. A computer game probably takes more money and time to develop fully. I am just guessing though
You are right on this, maybe creating games on mobiles are more easier than PC.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Perhaps PC game requires different code and their programmers field of expertise is in mobile gaming ? Computer games require more resources to create and the barrier of entry for the market may be higher.

iTommy

Reaction score
Perhaps PC game requires different code and their programmers field of expertise is in mobile gaming ? Computer games require more resources to create and the barrier of entry for the market may be higher.
I don't think so, since years ago in the past then I knew the team of Popcap is experts in developing games on PC, they just moved to mobile games recent years and I think creating games on PC and Mobile platforms are the same because on each one they will have software to support/code games.