• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Which phones and tablets can play Flash?

iTommy

Reaction score
I tried to play Flash on a browser on my phone but it could not. I don't know what do I need to install to enable Flash for my phone. Does any one here know how to fix this? If yes, I would to have same solution for my tablet too.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Which device(s) are you using?

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Flash is not designed for phones. That's why apps are coded into phones as a method to not have to use applications within a web browser.

Adobe Flash Player was originally intended as a medium for browsers on a PC/Laptop to display videos, files, and services. Since you can't download "software" onto phones such as like new web browsers etc, you can't really use anything with Flash.

iTommy

Reaction score
Flash is not designed for phones. That's why apps are coded into phones as a method to not have to use applications within a web browser.

Adobe Flash Player was originally intended as a medium for browsers on a PC/Laptop to display videos, files, and services. Since you can't download "software" onto phones such as like new web browsers etc, you can't really use anything with Flash.

Yes I head about this but on a tablet, I could run Flash, I don't know which they installed on it to enable Flash.
I thought I used old Android version. :)

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Yes I head about this but on a tablet, I could run Flash, I don't know which they installed on it to enable Flash.
I thought I used old Android version. :)

Android is better suited for Web Browsing due to the programming that this OS allows for. Flash would probably work better on it than on Apple designed products.

Microsoft "Half and Half" products as I call them (eg Surface Pro) are best for tablet usage with Adobe based flash applications.

overcast

Reaction score
Most of the Windows RT based tablets seem to be supporting flash on their browsers. As for the Android and iOS, flash is being removed from most of the modern browsers. In fact in next few months the flash support will be on demand for chrome. Even the Adobe has migrated to HTML5 friendly format for the gaming and the content. I think you'd not find any Android and iOS device that can support flash out of the box.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
As long as the device is Android, there are applications that can run flash although it can be pretty inconvenient if the flash games involve using keyboard buttons. It would be useless then to try and play it on the phone. Try searching for SWF players on Play Store and there would at least be three of them. I don't remember which I particularly used although I only used to watch an SWF movie.

overcast

Reaction score
As long as the device is Android, there are applications that can run flash although it can be pretty inconvenient if the flash games involve using keyboard buttons. It would be useless then to try and play it on the phone. Try searching for SWF players on Play Store and there would at least be three of them. I don't remember which I particularly used although I only used to watch an SWF movie.
No most of the Android based browsers are giving up on the Flash. So the chrome has already pulled out the support for the browsers. You may not be able to get any flash on android due to that. But microsoft based devices is another thing. You can still get the flash player inside it. So that's something you need to find out for sure.